HiLo Fitters Kent

Richard h

T6 Pro
Morning all, me and my partner are looking to get a hi lo either surf or sport fitted soon. I’ve done the basic searches for fitters but unsure on who to trust as my friends was bodged and you here horror stories. We are in Kent but we would drive reasonably far to get a good job. Also has anyone had the surf fitted and can share some more info about it as it’s fairly new not much about reviews. Cheers

Thanks for reply guys , will give them a call . Has anyone seen or knows of anyone who has had the surf roof ? Would love the sport but the surf seems such a good deal .

How do you find the head space when sitting at the back when its down?

I've got standard Kombi rear seats, my kids are only young so not an issue currently.

But, I have lost roughly an inch at the front, my head is now scuffing the new headlining, I have the Sportscraft swivels and the seat in the lowest position, I'm also 6ft 7" so probably not an issue for most people.

C3AB2566-A359-4DF6-AF64-B5FC9E8BB1B1.jpeg Is there anything on the sport that you would change / alter after having fit fitted ? I’m thinking about the way it finishes inside, my ocd’s are going carpet mad . We surf a lot and would like something more sand resistant. Also has anyone done anything different than piano hinge on bed board ? Eg like this

The sliding panel over the drivers head needs Eddie Hall to move it, crikey it's bloody hard to move, sand in the runners would be a disaster.

View attachment 42985 Is there anything on the sport that you would change / alter after having fit fitted ? I’m thinking about the way it finishes inside, my ocd’s are going carpet mad . We surf a lot and would like something more sand resistant. Also has anyone done anything different than piano hinge on bed board ? Eg like this
There is no reason all the carpeted bits couldn’t be covered in vinyl. Lazy fitters like carpet because they can hide screw heads in it. Take a look in my build thread. I’ve finished off the sides in head lining material and removed the hinge on the bed.

Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

Back