Highline steering wheel removal

Keeff

T6 Guru
had my Kombi back to the dealers for a few things one being the auto rain wipers not always working. I think it the stalk as if I move it it sometime start up again. They could not get it to play up and not showing any fault codes so cannot replace it . They only want £85 for one but the wheel needs to come of as it has both side on it . Has anyone removed the wheel because I would have a go at fitting it myself .
I have to take it in when it is playing up for them to see but only work 30 miles away and need it to rain so not much chance of getting it fixed under warranty .

Do they think you were bored driving all that way for something that was not write !! Record it on ya phone when it plays up again and mail it them. Maybe they will send you one to change yourself if you dont have time to go back.

It did go in for a few things. Poor radio reception ,slow to heat up and all the parking sensors needed to be replaced as the body shop it went to after some one went in the back of it bogged the job . The insurance company are paying for the sensor work.
I don't really think it the dealers fault but VW are getting tight on warranty work. I will record it on my phone next time but as it cost me £200 ever day it's off the road it's cheaper for me to just buy the part and fit it as they want 1 hour to fit at £90 + vat per hour.
I was told the radio signal was ok but if we all complain every time they go in for work it could help.
The heating up is normal as the can run as low as 70 deg to save fuel .
I just need to get the wheel off as they said the part does not need recoding.

There are some tutorials on youtube that will guide you on steering wheel removal, i think it's quite straightforward

Back