Highline overhead cubby-hole tray - 3D printed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately mate it is an inage I had from google.. but plan on doing simular(fibreglass) with mine next week.. just food for thought..
Do you know where I can buy sheets of the cubby hole material, so that I can try and modify the unit into something more suitable/ useful.

Hi everyone. Hope you’re all ok in these uncertain times? I had a DM from someone wanting to order a grey tray but I’ve run out of filament and it’s gone up quite a lot during the lockdown. If anyone else was thinking of asking for a grey tray I’d be ok to order some more filament for two orders but I’d be far from breaking even on just one. Let me know if you’re interested? Thanks. Jono

Hi everyone. Hope you’re all ok in these uncertain times? I had a DM from someone wanting to order a grey tray but I’ve run out of filament and it’s gone up quite a lot during the lockdown. If anyone else was thinking of asking for a grey tray I’d be ok to order some more filament for two orders but I’d be far from breaking even on just one. Let me know if you’re interested? Thanks. Jono
Hi Jono,
What is the filament you mention? Is it a sheet of the material?

Regards,

Boroboy

Hi Jono,
What is the filament you mention? Is it a sheet of the material?

Regards,

Boroboy
Hi mate. The filament is the reel of 'plastic' that gets fed into the hot nozzle of the 3d printer to be extruded and layered up into the finished item. It's near enough doubled in price in the last 2 months. Regarding your request for the sheets of cubby hole material I wouldn't know where to start but maybe ask or call at an auto spares shop? I've watched plenty of US custom car builds too and the interior builds often use PVA board (but i may be completely wrong?)

1589972573532.png

Hi Jono,
Thanks for your response and help. I will check out the RS Components link you sent.

Regards,

Pete.

Hi Jono. I'll go for one, thanks very much.
CAB.

Hi Jono,
Put me down for one please.
Cheers
Nacho

If you're looking to do a batch because it's cheaper for you, I'll have a grey one as well please

Hi Jono,
Could you add me to the list for a grey one. not in any rush

Hi. I think my cubby box is a stone colour but black would be an OK contrast. Please put me on the list for one. I would also be interested in the infotainment sun visor. Thanks Dave.

Hi Jono

I'm new to the forum. I think I've sent a message but can't find it, so here we go again. Please can you do a black cubby tray for me? My plastic is a sort of stone colour but I reckon black will be a good contrast. I would also be interested in a sun shield for the infotainment screen.

Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.