High / Mid-top to pop-top conversion

Epic-Rob

Kiwi member
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone ever removed one of these low factory high tops and put in a pop top?
I have fitted poptops and looking at this it seem like the van frame is in place, would just need to cut out over the drivers, then it might drop straight in ..... maybe.... possibly....

hightop1.jpg

hitop.jpg

Hi All,

Hopefully this isn’t too dumb a question. We’re planning on buying a used van to convert with a pop top. Does it make any difference if the van has a low or medium roof? I.E. once the roof is removed, is the end result exactly the same?

Many thanks

DP

Hi All,

Hopefully this isn’t too dumb a question. We’re planning on buying a used van to convert with a pop top. Does it make any difference if the van has a low or medium roof? I.E. once the roof is removed, is the end result exactly the same?

Many thanks

DP
Not sure you'd have the required roof gutters etc on anything but a standard roof

I’d ask the pop top company if you want a definite Y or N, it would be a bit of a ball ache to rely on a forum members advice on such a critical item.

Think you might have trouble. The mid roof tapers in and won't be as wide as a regular roof. Maybe something designed for a narrower vehicle (Nissan NV200 or Mazda Bongo spring to mind) might work? Obviously this is just thinking aloud and not advice in any way.

Reactions: Bav
I also have a medium roof, the ' cut out' is different, so you can't take the mid roof off and replace with a standard pop roof.

You can get pop tops specifically for the mid roof, quite a few places do them e.g poptoproofs.co.uk product code 30609.

Good luck!

I wouldn’t recommend poptop roofs as an installer. I’m still washing the rusty swarf of my van 6 months later, the roof creaks, and the hinge mounting bolts are rusting. The factory is as messy as the website. Cheap though…

They will do supply only, which might be a better option.

Back