Base van: Mid height and barn doors?

Two questions please…

1. Is a mid height van a no go as a conversion? Can a pop top be installed?

2. Is it possible (realistic) to change barn doors for a tailgate?

For context, I’ve been looking for ages for a van and one locally is going to be available - I know the owner and know it’s been meticulously looked after, loads of factory extras, low mileage. But it’s mid height, with barn doors

I have a local converter who tells me that there is a company that produce a pop-top specifically for a medium roof van Andy James at Buckettz Dubz via his FB account, he may even be willing to fit it for you The silver TGE on his FB page is ours.

Two questions please…

1. Is a mid height van a no go as a conversion? Can a pop top be installed?

2. Is it possible (realistic) to change barn doors for a tailgate?

For context, I’ve been looking for ages for a van and one locally is going to be available - I know the owner and know it’s been meticulously looked after, loads of factory extras, low mileage. But it’s mid height, with barn doors
Genuinely, I wouldn’t let barn doors put you off. I know it’s all preference, but I wanted tail gate and the perfect van came up that I wanted (I specifically wanted Bay Leaf Green) and it had barn doors.

I went for it anyway, and I’ve grown to love them now. The ease of just popping the door open and not worrying about parking distance to allow it to open etc is handy. There’s deffo pros and cons but I wouldn’t let that be an issue for you!

Back