Control Panel dead on T6 California Ocean

Chilmark

Hi guys, went to pop in to my VW Cali T6 Ocean at the weekend after not using it for a while and found the central control panel for roof heating etc dead, backlight works when I press the one/off button goes off after 30 secs but nothing on the display at all, have checked 3 5 amp fuses 1 under passenger seat the other 2 behind bottle cooler in fuse box, have tried using the remote for the heating the fan come on for about 5 seconds as if its about to fire up then turns off, I am at a loss, I wonder if anyone could help? Thanks in advance

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

Either damaged or no contact with J604 (Auxiliary air heater control unit), and you have some errors (DTC's)? If you don't know how to read, you can check the connection in the 10-pin connector, blue, under seat on front right.

If I power the unit up with 2 wires 12 v it seems to work the display come up, nut not if i put it back in the Cali

If I power the unit up with 2 wires 12 v it seems to work the display come up, nut not if i put it back in the Cali
That's different info to what you posted on the Cali forum?

Have you looked at the circuit diagram for the camper electrics?

Also if as @AlexJoe suggested, you have lost connection to the Aux heater, that also has its own fuse.
Have you checked every fuse? You can do this with a continuity meter across each fuse without removing it.

Also if as @AlexJoe suggested, you have lost connection to the Aux heater, that also has its own fuse.
Have you checked every fuse? You can do this with a continuity meter across each fuse without removing it.

I read somewhere there is also a 7.5amp fuse for the heater and control panel in box behind the drinks cooler, the fan on the heater starts to come on if I use the remote but then turns off after about 5 seconds

There was a 25amp fuse under passenger seat for aux heater
that looks to be OK

Back