Help Identifying Motorcycle Rack

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone able to identify this rack at all. Looking for one that mounts to the chassis rails, as the bike being carried will be too heavy for a towbar mounted rack. This looks just what I'm after but so far I've not been able to identify a manufacturer...

20190521_210828.jpg

I've not seen that one above, but I'm intending to get the Cate carrier (Reimo) as that mounts to the chassis rails, and is TÜV approved to carry 250kg, which is enough for my little Honda Bros (but not for my Triumph Trophy). The Cate carrier would be more versatile for carrying other stuff (I might put a ski box on it for example).
Cate.JPG
Reimo - Cate adapter VW T5

The Cate model above @Shaun Witts was my initial thought on a rack. Had seen it in the Reimo catalogue. It looks fairly sunstantial but I'd be keen to see how it fixes to the chassis rails, how easy it is to detach and how easy it is to get a bike up onto it. The alternative in the original post looks lighter, and less cumbersome and is being used for a Vespa, which is what we'll be loading.

I've heard that the chassis mounts are the same as for a towbar, but I also believe that you may need holes cutting in the bumper (?). The mounts are seperate and stay fixed, so that the frame itself can be removed. A friend had one while I lived in Germany on the back of his Chrysler Voyager to carry his KTM duke on. I think you may need to buy an appropriate "runner", ramp and wheel chock device to secure your bike, but you could also mount bicycle carriers on there or some kind of ski rack, so it would be more versatile.

Back