Hello!

I spent months trying to decide between a towball rack and this one, and could write a whole thread on that subject! But I'm glad I went for the VW rack. Very solid and easy to use. Quite a few improvements over the T5 rack although definitely not as pretty.

I spent months trying to decide between a towball rack and this one, and could write a whole thread on that subject! But I'm glad I went for the VW rack. Very solid and easy to use. Quite a few improvements over the T5 rack although definitely not as pretty.

We didn't get one for our T5.1 Cali and I'm not really that keen on them but now our (5 year old) daughter is properly cycling, the time had come. Is it easy to take on and off?
We'll have four bikes on it so it'll be well loaded up!

Is yours a Beach? I can't tell?
Good friends of ours have just ordered one.

Looks like it says beach on the rear quarter ;). Nice van now I'm going to have to find that place and get a photo of it with mine (when I get it) :)

We didn't get one for our T5.1 Cali and I'm not really that keen on them but now our (5 year old) daughter is properly cycling, the time had come. Is it easy to take on and off?

Yes very easy to put on and off. I've only had 3 bikes on so far but 4 should be no harder.

One tip to remember is if you forget to get the arms in position before loading bikes, you can still remove the arms and reposition them after. Saves taking off 2 or 3 bikes like I did at first :mad:

Not sure if you have spotted yet but with 4 bikes you have to piggyback the 4th bike off of the 3rd, i.e. there is no 4th arm from the main frame of the rack just a link arm.

Not sure if you have spotted yet but with 4 bikes you have to piggyback the 4th bike off of the 3rd, i.e. there is no 4th arm from the main frame of the rack just a link arm.
Useful to know - the 4th bike is a 20" wheeled Islabike so pretty dinky. If it was awkward it would fit in the boot!

The other three are 26" wheel (now Cro Magnon) bikes, one kids framed, the other two normal Medium MTB sized. Might stick the poor, underused road bike on there as some stage (700cc wheels).

Don't get me started on spelling and grammar. My OCD goes in to full tilt, I can't help it. Yes I know I have some significant issues, I am truly special (got a note from mum to prove it).

Fab second picture.
It's even worse when it's a large part of the business you run...!
I did the entire website for a an Oxford University College website; that stretched my use of English to the absolute limit. Plus stacks of proof reading and all sorts of writing.

Agree about that second photo; fantastic!

It's even worse when it's a large part of the business you run...!
I did the entire website for a an Oxford University College website; that stretched my use of English to the absolute limit. Plus stacks of proof reading and all sorts of writing.

Agree about that second photo; fantastic!
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhggggggghhhhh. You have bloody done it on purpose @Polzeylad haven't you!!! "a an" I mean what the ..........:mad:
In......Out.......In.......Out, and recovered. Phew, that was a close one. Nearly lost my :cool: for a moment.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhggggggghhhhh. You have bloody done it on purpose @Polzeylad haven't you!!! "a an" I mean what the ..........:mad:
In......Out.......In.......Out, and recovered. Phew, that was a close one. Nearly lost my :cool: for a moment.

Oops. I should proof read my own posts...
I blame the undoing of all English nerds; auto(in)correct...

Back