Hello from Germany

DJ821

German Member
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello T6 Forum!
My Name is Jan, I am 52 years old and an active member of the german Tx-Board.

I have a 2019 T6 4M CXEC with almost everything you need to have on a T6 - and more of what you don‘t need of course but just want to have. I am a quite experienced DIY mechanic and interested especially in electronics, sound, light and noise reduction.
In that little time I have beside my daily job l love to sit in my little „werkstatt“ in the basement of my house, listen to music and repair my little daughter‘s toys and other things. I call that psycho-hygenic… not sure if thats the right word in english, almost 1:1 translation from the german word… but maybe you understand what I mean.
A liitle escape from the stress and hectic of the world outside.

Anyway, with all that good experience at the german Forum and coming across some very interesting Threads in the UK Forum I thought I‘ll give it a try and register.
So this is my hello to all the UK members, I am very looking forward beeing a part of you.

Jan

PS: sorry for any wrong words or incorrect sentences… it‘s been a while since I last spoke/ wrote in english ;-)

Welcome Jan, your English is far far better than the fading German I would be capable of the other way around.

And I very much like psycho-hygenic :thumbsup:

Possibly in English it's equivalent might be the phrase "good for the soul" or in more modern language "mindfulness"

Also note while there is a heavy UK presence here there are also active folks from around Europe and right around in Australia/New Zealand.

Good to have you Jan! Don't worry about your English, it seems far better than many of our members in our beloved group already!

Herzlich willkommen!! ... bin ein Flüchtlinge aus Großbritannien mit nagelneuen deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit. Ich wette mein Deutsch ist schlimmer als deine Englisch.

Viel Grüße aus Ammersee.

Herzlich willkommen!! ... bin ein Flüchtlinge aus Großbritannien mit nagelneuen deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit. Ich wette mein Deutsch ist schlimmer als deine Englisch.

Viel Grüße aus Ammersee.
Viele Grüße!
:)
I hope you enjoy being in Germany! Your german is perfect… that gives me hope for my english :D

Hello Jan from Australia.
As roadtripper said there are people from all around the world on this forum.

Welcome @DJ821! So can you share any secrets from the German forum that we have missed on T6forum? Upgrades, hacks etc?

...I guess there might be a few things that are new to the UK Forum (as well as the other way round). As far as I have read some of the threads by now it seems to me that most of the topics are quite similar (no wonder - it's all about the same type of vehicle...). But still I have discovered some must-haves like this visualize-dpf-regeneration-on-IC-Module from @Daku and the self-made front grille badges etc.
One thing that I haven't seen in the T6Forum yet is the self-made side badges with individual text like this I made this summer:

IMG_1686.jpeg IMG_1687.jpeg

:D:cool:

...I guess there might be a few things that are new to the UK Forum (as well as the other way round). As far as I have read some of the threads by now it seems to me that most of the topics are quite similar (no wonder - it's all about the same type of vehicle...). But still I have discovered some must-haves like this visualize-dpf-regeneration-on-IC-Module from @Daku and the self-made front grille badges etc.
One thing that I haven't seen in the T6Forum yet is the self-made side badges with individual text like this I made this summer:

View attachment 215908
View attachment 215909

That looks great. I’ve taken the liberty of copying this post to the 3D printing thread so they’re all in one place

View attachment 215908 View attachment 215909

They look awesome, you could be onto a side hussle there!

Yes Jan, people like side hustles, postage wouldn't be too bad from Germany, but you probably have a 'proper job' to keep you busy. I'm sure there would be folk on here interested in your wares?! I know I would!

Yes I do have a proper job :D but unfortunately it has nothing to do with cars and 3D printing :cry:
I did a pair of badges for a fellow from the german forum, but only as a favour. He wanted a special Text with icelandic letters (I did not now anything about icelandic spelling before, for me it's still more something like a graphic). But technically spoken almost every word or graphic is possible to do.
I'm not much into spraypainting and finishing printed ruffians, but if one could do this by himself I could image to do one or the other pair of badges from time to time (of course as a hobby, not as a business) ;)

T6_Bardur.jpg T6_Emblem_Bardur.jpg

View attachment 216057 View attachment 216058

As I've said before Im a big fan of these. Would you be interested in making some more to sell at all? if not would you mind sharing the file so I could print some for myself as would love a set please?

As I've said before Im a big fan of these. Would you be interested in making some more to sell at all? if not would you mind sharing the file so I could print some for myself as would love a set please?
If you give me some time (like two weeks or so) I can do a pair for you.
Do you have something special in mind? Or just the same "edition"-type badges like the ones I made for myself?
To be honest I don't really want to share the files... because I used the original VW-fonts for the "edition" signature and I am not quite sure if it might be a violation of copyrights or something alike... sorry... hope you understand.
Also please remember that there is a bit of work to do after printing (maybe you are more experienced than I am right now as I am still a beginner in the 3D-printing scene...).
PN me :)

Back