Hello from Derbyshire, UK

Westyman

Reluctant as I am to be on yet another forum, I am excited, today, to becoming a T6.1 owner. We, SWMBO and I, have agreed to buy a 10 month old 3k miles T6.1 4Motion DSG from a VW franchised dealer in Birmingham, some 30-40 miles from where I live.

This wasn't what was planned! The overall plan was to replace two vehicles with one. There's a Volvo to tug the caravan about and a Transit Connect that my wife uses for her dog sports. As we almost universally caravan on grass fields throughout the year, the Volvo is AWD, hence the 4Motion requirement. And why anyone want to change gear manually just defeats me! My wife's Connect is self-converted for her to sleep in overnight and has room for the 4 dog crates.

So, we ordered a VW from a broker 9 months ago. Being part of a fleet order, VW cancelled this and we were back to square 1. Options were to reorder a new one but this might be 12+months away, if ever, given the situation in mainland Europe at the moment. We are in our 70s so I don't want long lead times for things. So we were looking for a used one, along with lots of other folks. SWMBO found this last night online, and it was so near our new spec order that we put a £49 holding reservation around 10pm. We went to see it today and agreed to purchase after they've put a factory fit towbar on. Apparently it was sold on a Friday, purchaser finance failed on a Monday and put on sale again. Found Monday night, bought Tuesday.

It has two single from seats with swivel plates, Kombi type windows between B and C pillars, a tailgate with window and wiper and the 8" screen (which was £££ too much on our original spec) in the dash. It has an aftermarket bulkhead behind where the 2nd row seats would have been, but aren't there, that I will take out and maybe sell. It has some 18'Wolfrace wheels on, not my idea of style, with off road Graber tyres, again not what I'd choose but they're round with rubber and meet the requirement of wheels!

The only downside to all this is that we have to find £12k more than plan A. The only photos I have are taken from the dealer's website.

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

Welcome to the forum, plenty of great information here, and lots of ways to spend more money!

Looks like you struck lucky, with the way new orders are going at the moment.

Don't forget to join your Team(s) and post some pics when you pick it up!

Thank-you. Collect next week. VWVC were supposed to fit a detachable towbar before I got The Grey Lady but they don’t seem able to do that from their parts system or any idea when they might. Not impressed. I have arranged a local fit through Witter the week after. To be frank the vehicle is useless to me without the towbar and was tempted to cancel it, but after I calmed down and found the local fit, with software update to the vehicle, I saw sense and saved around £300.

The Grey Lady refers back to an Alvis in the 50s that I lusted after but my daughter thinks it should be called Helena after some character in Harry Potter who was the Grey Lady

Back