First Timer needing a Shuttle ...

ncpierce

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We currently run a Citroen SpaceTourer 8seater and a Skoda Kodiaq 7 Seater with a Multimac 4 seater across the back. As a family there is me, the wife and 6 children so we need plenty of space.

The SpaceTourer just about suits our needs but does mean we cannot take anyone out with us and the boot space is useless so we are looking at changing my Kodiaq for a LWB Shuttle.

Having configured a price of a new one - I was sitting down when I got to the bottom line number :eek: - we are looking around for a used one but struggling to find what we want. I have seen a nice manual one, I really want an auto, that I will test drive and just check out size and space etc...

At the moment my specced options on the new one (Shuttle SE LWB 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG) look like this:
LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights, Heated washer nozzles in front and washer fluid level indicator, Trailer Assist - Including Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors, rear view camera and side protection, Wing mirrors - heated, power adjustable and power folding, Towbar - removable & lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation), Fuel tank with a volume of 80 l, Heated front windscreen with heat reflecting glass, Child seat anchors ISOFIX and top tether for 2nd and 3rd row of seats, 9-seater package = 3-3-3, Dark tinted glass in rear seat area (Venus 35/Privacy) heat-insulating glass (green) in front

I note from the brochure that:
All seats feature three-point inertia-reel seatbelts and adjustable head restraints, while ISOFIX child seat mountings can be found on the second row and optionally on the third row three-seat bench.
But could find no mention of this option in the configurator. Can any one confirm whether you can get ISO-FIX on the 3rd row seats in a new 6.1 Transporter as this might swing my decision on going for a new one instead of an older model.

Also I like the idea of fitting something in the back to divide the boot space up, like a false floor, so I can keep all my work stuff in all the time but still have room for the shopping etc... Does anyone know anything that is like the Steelpod / Slidepod but a bit more friendly on budget....

Thanks

Nigel

We currently run a Citroen SpaceTourer 8seater and a Skoda Kodiaq 7 Seater with a Multimac 4 seater across the back. As a family there is me, the wife and 6 children so we need plenty of space.

The SpaceTourer just about suits our needs but does mean we cannot take anyone out with us and the boot space is useless so we are looking at changing my Kodiaq for a LWB Shuttle.

Having configured a price of a new one - I was sitting down when I got to the bottom line number :eek: - we are looking around for a used one but struggling to find what we want. I have seen a nice manual one, I really want an auto, that I will test drive and just check out size and space etc...

At the moment my specced options on the new one (Shuttle SE LWB 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG) look like this:

But could find no mention of this option in the configurator. Can any one confirm whether you can get ISO-FIX on the 3rd row seats in a new 6.1 Transporter as this might swing my decision on going for a new one instead of an older model.

Also I like the idea of fitting something in the back to divide the boot space up, like a false floor, so I can keep all my work stuff in all the time but still have room for the shopping etc... Does anyone know anything that is like the Steelpod / Slidepod but a bit more friendly on budget....

Thanks

Nigel
Found on the Kombi, it has isofix on every seat aside from the driver seat.
Can’t see why the third row would be any different, but can’t confirm.

The Caravelle has Isofix all round. You won't get a new one now tho' as they've been discontinued.

The bench seat in the very back of my T6, wasn't isofix. The 3 individual seats are isofix.

I have the solution.... buy my shuttle that's for sale on here haha. And then add another sliding bench...

Just to update I have a 2020 Shuttle LWB arriving from Inverness next week, DSG with towbar and heated screen. The plan is to put the multimac on the third row and isofix seats on row 2.

A quick calculation suggested 14months with the Kodiaq cost we £2040.00 in payments and I got more equity back than i put in....so all in all pretty pleased

Thanks

Nigel
I know it's a bit late anyway but I was going to be buying the shuttle 6.1 new as an 8 seater and I was going to have to put it on as an extra to have Isofix on the third row bench seat. Not sure how it works if you'd have purchased the 9 seater option though.

Anyway, good luck with the one you've got on the way! Will be good to see some pics when you get it!

Happy New Year too!

I know it's a bit late anyway but I was going to be buying the shuttle 6.1 new as an 8 seater and I was going to have to put it on as an extra to have Isofix on the third row bench seat. Not sure how it works if you'd have purchased the 9 seater option though.

Anyway, good luck with the one you've got on the way! Will be good to see some pics when you get it!

Happy New Year too!
Here's the interim one....

167648.jpg
Have ordered a nine seater with isofix on the rear bench and this one might become the wife's....

Here's the interim one....

View attachment 140138
Have ordered a nine seater with isofix on the rear bench and this one might become the wife's....
Love it! Nice colour that! I'm in somewhat the same predicament, I want a new caravelle but can't get them so do I get almost new LWB Caravelle or go new Shuttle?!!!

Back