Hello! And new t6.1 spec questions

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum after placing a very recent order for a new 6.1.

I have been told by my dealer (lookers vw) that I have until the 29th to update the spec of wanted as that’s the earliest they can place the order with vw hq, the vehicle will be owned so all spec is a careful consideration or maybe the next owner or use for the vehicle also.

Just wanted to ask some current owners of the 6.1 some advice regarding the spec of the vehicle and was there anything they would have specified if where to order with the Benefit of hindsight.

My vehicle is to be a daily work vehicle as a contractor and not a day van or camper etc.

My vehicle spec is. -

T6.1 Highline LWB 150 DSG panel van
Indium grey
Heated front seats
Heated washer jets
Rear view camera
Direct Tyre pressure monitoring
Front and rear mudflaps
Ply line cargo compartment
Vw seat covers

I’m torn about choosing the LED headlight and tail light option, I currently have a 65 plate caddy maxi with H4 headlights which are not the best at all, I understand the 6.1 has duel H7 which should be better but once I have the van that’s it there will be no retrofits.

The vehicle is already over budget

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum after placing a very recent order for a new 6.1.

I have been told by my dealer (lookers vw) that I have until the 29th to update the spec of wanted as that’s the earliest they can place the order with vw hq, the vehicle will be owned so all spec is a careful consideration or maybe the next owner or use for the vehicle also.

Just wanted to ask some current owners of the 6.1 some advice regarding the spec of the vehicle and was there anything they would have specified if where to order with the Benefit of hindsight.

My vehicle is to be a daily work vehicle as a contractor and not a day van or camper etc.

My vehicle spec is. -

T6.1 Highline LWB 150 DSG panel van
Indium grey
Heated front seats
Heated washer jets
Rear view camera
Direct Tyre pressure monitoring
Front and rear mudflaps
Ply line cargo compartment
Vw seat covers

I’m torn about choosing the LED headlight and tail light option, I currently have a 65 plate caddy maxi with H4 headlights which are not the best at all, I understand the 6.1 has duel H7 which should be better but once I have the van that’s it there will be no retrofits.

The vehicle is already over budget
I would drop the ply lining by VW.
I would also drop the rear mud flaps as I don’t like the position they put them, or the fact they drill the bumper to fit.
Are you converting it? Need the bulkhead or not?

The dealer told me The ply line is done at the dealership by a local ply line company that does most of the different brand dealerships locally.

I’m not sure now if a company called ply line north east was mentioned

That’s a shame regarding the mud flaps, I thought they would be a essential as before my caddy had them I would get lots of mess and stonechips up the sides.

The dealer told me The ply line is done at the dealership by a local ply line company that does most of the different brand dealerships locally.

I’m not sure now if a company called ply line north east was mentioned

That’s a shame regarding the mud flaps, I thought they would be a essential as before my caddy had them I would get lots of mess and stonechips up the sides.
Yes and they will simply screw the ply lining to the floor and panels.
There are plenty of aftermarket mud flaps that fit in a better position.

I’ll take a look for better mudflaps, do you have any you could recommend?

Regarding the ply line is there something else that’s used as a alternative for protection in the cargo area for contractors?

Ply line always seems to be the go to?

My caddy is a ex British Gas vehicle and does not have ply line but does have white plastic sheets that are held in place with P clips and self tap screws into the vehicle body

I’ll take a look for better mudflaps, do you have any you could recommend?

Regarding the ply line is there something else that’s used as a alternative for protection in the cargo area for contractors?

Ply line always seems to be the go to?

My caddy is a ex British Gas vehicle and does not have ply line but does have white plastic sheets that are held in place with P clips and self tap screws into the vehicle body
For the ply lining there will be companies around that will do it without making screw holes in the floor. I would look for one of those.
there is lots of discussion on here about mud flaps.

ill give the dealer a call on wednesday

ill drop the mudflaps and fit my own when i find some of a better design
add LED headlights and tail lights
get the number of the ply line guy who visits the dealership and ask for him to do everything but leave the floor and wheel arch covers for me to fit myself with mastic etc

Hi

No plans in future for conversation and the barn doors would be pretty much essential for its main use as a work vehicle.

Is the direct tpms no real benefit?

Also are the vw covers also no good?

Hi

No plans in future for conversation and the barn doors would be pretty much essential for its main use as a work vehicle.

Is the direct tpms no real benefit?

Also are the vw covers also no good?
Tpms is annoying! I thought the covers were expensive.

Understand about the rear doors. When I was on the tools I needed barn doors for a pallet of kit, couldn't buy a second hand kombi without a tailgate.

The dealer has “thrown in” the covers to make the sale

I’m trying to think resale as much as poss when speccing the van, but a tailgate would be way too impractical for me every day at work.

We have a tailgate Vito years ago, amongst other things it was the worst vehicle we ever had.

Spoke to my dealer today who was very helpful and patient with my 11th hour changes!

New spec for van is to be -

Paint Metallic Indium Grey

Rear twin doors

NO MUDFLAPS!

Discover Media Navigation System with 8in Touch Screen

Heated Front Seats

LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights

High Beam Assist

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Direct

Washer Fluid Level Indicator (heated washer jets)

Rear View Camera

Ply Line Rear Storage Compartment FLOOR SECTION TO BE ADHESIVE FIXED WITH NO MECHANICAL FIXINGS INTO VEHICLE BODY

Apparently the agreement they have with the play line fitter is that the sport line vans do not have any mechanical fixings into the floor for a certain reason (can’t remember why now) and have some adhesive to hold them in place and the wheel arch covers help to hold them down also.

I think that’s a great compromise as at the end of the day it IS a works vehicle however I would prefer the brand new van not to have a dozen self tappers straight through the floor ready to help the elements rust it away even faster.

Hopefully I have got the spec sorted now and won’t have any regrets….

Back