Hello All

Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
Hi all

Just started looking to get a new T6 to upgrade from my T5 before that I had a couple of t4s

I was thinking a LWB T28 150 dsg highline

But £31k plus just doesn't seem right for a work van lol, my T5 was £16k in 09.

I'm now thinking a T28 startline 102 manual with the added business pack. This should be around the £24k mark.

Indium grey paint on both of the above

Anyone here specced something similar I'm wondering what deals you've managed to get. So far I've tried my local dealer Cordwallis Heathrow who I got my T5 from and lookers in Guildford who sold me my T4 back in 2001.

Looking forward to some good advice

I understand that this is the same price as the Highline you looked at, but there's no VAT on this one, and it's a rare Edition, and has buckets of spec/extras, plus the residue will be much higher than a 102 Starline. Just a thought.

For Sale - Rare- 2018 Vw T6 'edition' Kombi, 7k Miles, Leds, Nav, With Upgrades.
Yeah that looks a great van but I need it as a work van so the kombi won't suit me I can't have a window on the side door. Also I'm pretty set on indium grey as my current is off road grey and has always looked great, even now after 10 years.

VW are taking the pee with the cost of a Transporter. When I looked into trading my T5.1 against the equivalent T6, the cost of the new van was eye watering and the px value of my van was downright insulting.
As this was going to be a van for work only, I went over to Toyota for the work van and converted the T5. Dealers will give 33 percent off list so 22k inc vat gets you a top of the line Toyota van with 5 years warranty. No regrets as yet.
If you have conversion in mind, then VW is the way to go.

VW are taking the pee with the cost of a Transporter. When I looked into trading my T5.1 against the equivalent T6, the cost of the new van was eye watering and the px value of my van was downright insulting.
As this was going to be a van for work only, I went over to Toyota for the work van and converted the T5. Dealers will give 33 percent off list so 22k inc vat gets you a top of the line Toyota van with 5 years warranty. No regrets as yet.
If you have conversion in mind, then VW is the way to go.

I don't think I could go for another make, I drove my mates top of range Transhit and it was horrible compared to my T5. Not looked at Toyota but I've never like the Japanese style of van.

I might convert my T5 before I sell it if I have time, I sold my T4 to a conversion company when I bought my current T5. The value shot up after conversion so it's something worth considering.

I won't be converting my new van it's strictly a work van.

Back