Heating dial not working properly

Leeabr101

VIP Member
T6 Pro
The heat dial on my T6 isnt working properly. Its starts cold but after about a quarter round still on the cooler side, the temp is really hot. Any clues?

Is it an electric switch controller or the mechanical type found on the startline model? I've heard of problems on the mechanical ones with the cables braking.

Its the a/c type rotary switch, not sure about cable or electric. Id say electric. It seems to have a slight change but it comes on hot way too early in the turning of the switch

Its the a/c type rotary switch, not sure about cable or electric. Id say electric. It seems to have a slight change but it comes on hot way too early in the turning of the switch
It thermostatic, set it to a temperature and the system will maintain the temperature. This will mean initially you will get hot air untill the cab reaches the set temp and then it will cool off as needed to maintain the temp.

It thermostatic, set it to a temperature and the system will maintain the temperature. This will mean initially you will get hot air untill the cab reaches the set temp and then it will cool off as needed to maintain the temp.
Even with aircon off?

As @Insert Coin says, when you're on the 'screen' or 'demist' (12 o'clock on the dial) setting it overrides the temperature setting. Turn it to feet, dash vents or any combination of these and the thermostat takes over.

This is correct. Heating set to 12 o'clock is 18 degrees. If the cab temperature is below 18 degrees then the heat will be full blast until the cab temperature reaches 18 then it cools off. I find this more noticeable in the summer as the heater will blow cool after a short time as the ambient air temperature is higher.

Back