Heated wing-mirror operation

Hcooper

Bought my 2017 T6 back in the summer so at the time I didn't even think to look. Now that winter is here the heated windscreen is great but there is no option to turn the heated mirrors on. Am I missing something? Or is it just the case they aren't heated? Would seem a bit odd to have a heated windscreen but no mirrors. All previously owned VWs have come with heated mirrors as standard.

Is there not a position on the window adjuster knob/switch on the driver's door ?

Pete

Only seems to be the Right, centre, left and fold option. Would have assumed it would be a fourth option or just left on the centre position.

Bought my 2017 T6 back in the summer so at the time I didn't even think to look. Now that winter is here the heated windscreen is great but there is no option to turn the heated mirrors on. Am I missing something? Or is it just the case they aren't heated? Would seem a bit odd to have a heated windscreen but no mirrors. All previously owned VWs have come with heated mirrors as standard.
What spec is your van?

Do you have a heated rear window?

Not being dull, but are you sure it's just that you can't see it from the drivers seat? It's in the 2 o clock position.

Had a play around with it, maybe should have checked before diving into the forum. The switch does actually go into the 2 o clock position but nothing to indicate heating. Will have to wait for some ice in the morning.

Had a play around with it, maybe should have checked before diving into the forum. The switch does actually go into the 2 o clock position but nothing to indicate heating. Will have to wait for some ice in the morning.
Can you post a picture of your switch?

Should look like this if you have folding mirrors or if not, you'll only have the icon at 2 o'clock

20170731_123802 (1).jpg

I love this forum!
I just searched Heated Mirrors to see if I could fit them.
Found this thread and found out that I already had them fitted!
How good is that, a no cost upgrade!

Her indoors just rang me from the frozen van (I’m in bed she’s outside freezing to death defrosting the van) to ask ‘does this van not have heated mirrors?
Me ‘Yep, put the dial at 2 o clock’
Her ‘That’s just to unfold the mirrors’
Only had the van 2 1/2 years bless her.

Back