headlights not aligned properly

Beetle06

Australian member
Hi everyone,
First time post from an idiot when it comes to all things car like:).
I've got lots of tips from you guys.... Thanks
I've had an issue with my T6 Multivan headlight's beams being misaligned.
I explained to the service team in Sydney, AUS the last time it was serviced there (mistake I know).
Whilst the front bumper was off so i thought it the right time to get it looked at and repaired.
On inspection, apparently, there was a fault that come up. They said they fixed the fault, only to start the van up the next morning, to the same issue.
I use the van for work and I'm sick of dealing with incompetent authorised VW servicing
Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi everyone,
First time post from an idiot when it comes to all things car like:).
I've got lots of tips from you guys.... Thanks
I've had an issue with my T6 Multivan headlight's beams being misaligned.
I explained to the service team in Sydney, AUS the last time it was serviced there (mistake I know).
Whilst the front bumper was off so i thought it the right time to get it looked at and repaired.
On inspection, apparently, there was a fault that come up. They said they fixed the fault, only to start the van up the next morning, to the same issue.
I use the van for work and I'm sick of dealing with incompetent authorised VW servicing
Any help is greatly appreciated
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Are these halogen or LED headlights?

Can you upload a photo showing them illuminated from the drivers view

So all headlamps have vertical and horizontal adjusters on them, these being circular white-colour dials that you adjust with a 6mm hex or cross head driver.

The reason I asked about yours was the remark:
The OEM LED headlights have automatic level sensors on the front and rear ARB which determines the height, this being adaptable via coding. The above remark appeared to show the lights having a coding issue.

But halogen H4 and H7 headlamps don’t have this auto levelling function, it being controlled manually by a pentiometer in the cab. So it’s odd how it was rectified but overnight became defective again.

So if yours are definitely halogen, I wonder if they never actually adjusted them?

Either way, you should be able to adjust the halogen bulb alignment by those white dials mentioned above - unless the bulb itself isn’t seated properly (that’s a simple check - remove the rear rubber cover and ensure the bulb can’t be moved).

So double check your lights (Examples here),
Check the bulb is seated properly (picture here), and
Adjust the beam alignment here.

Hi Team Silver,
Thanks for all the tips.
I recently replaced the bottom sliding door guide. Youtube made it easy. Acquiring the parts from importers.. not so easy
I'll try it on the weekend. Your help is much appreciated.

For it to be that low I would suspect that the link between the motor and the reflector has come adrift. The motor holds the reflector up. Without it, the reflector will drop to that low position.

Listen to see if you can hear the leveling motor working with someone operating the height switch on the dashboard.

Back