Headlight Washers?

On my white T6 edition it looks like I’ve got headlight washers for the LED lights but three months into ownership (2nd owner btw) I’ve never seen them come out once or spray the headlamps whilst been driving? Are they fake or real or do you think I’m just missing a fuse or something! thanks in advance guys

On my white T6 edition it looks like I’ve got headlight washers for the LED lights but three months into ownership (2nd owner btw) I’ve never seen them come out once or spray the headlamps whilst been driving? Are they fake or real or do you think I’m just missing a fuse or something! thanks in advance guys
I don’t have them but read somewhere that they spray every 5th (or something like that) spray of the window washers!

LED headlights need the washers to be legal - to minimise any light scatter from such bright lights. So if you have OEM LED headlights (fitted from new), then you will have the washers.
I read somewhere that the headlight washers activate every 5th use of the screen washers? I’ve never counted. However, I can say that my headlight washers always seem to activate with the screen washers upon the first use after starting.

Reservoir is always to the brim with nice smelly stuff! I’ve got a habit of pulling the stalk to clean the windscreen first thing in morning but still not seen it pop out and squirt...?
I’ll get the missus involved and get her to have a closer look, hopefully it will work then!!

LED headlights need the washers to be legal - to minimise any light scatter from such bright lights. So if you have OEM LED headlights (fitted from new), then you will have the washers.
I read somewhere that the headlight washers activate every 5th use of the screen washers? I’ve never counted. However, I can say that my headlight washers always seem to activate with the screen washers upon the first use after starting.
OEM LED HEADLIGHTS come as standard on editions front & rear

Don't have leds personally but have xenons on the car with headlight washers and in order for them to work the headlights have to be switched on , could be different for led headlights, AV got a feeling you have already tried this but didn't see it mentioned in your post

I also have an Edition. I asked the dealer to check mine as I had also not seen them working. Apparently they are linked to the daylight sensor in the windscreen so only operate when it’s dark. I leave my lights on auto but rarely drive at night so I cannot confirm however the dealer says they do work as intended.

Back