Has anyone ever regretted buying their van?

As much as I like transporters and going to the various forum events, one of the main reason for having a Caravelle is that I can take my 80year old parents away on holidays otherwise they would never leave the house. Abit different the last 12 months of course but I usually take them to France 2/3 times a year.
I suppose if you regret it then it sounds like you are not using it for what it was bought for.

We bought ours as our runabout vehicle as well as adventure van and have loved every minute in it since we got it last Nov. Unfortunately those minutes have been way too few but as always, there are big plans for the future. It can definitely be a financial burden but we did the sums carefully and are still happy with the outlay, ok albeit accepting that we are looking at inflated prices now.

If you have a campervan or simply a van you sleep in AND MOST IMPORTANTLY you use it regularly overnighting the money saved on B&B, hotels, taxi fares after a night out..... all adds up.
Like any other asset if it doesn’t get used it’s a waste of money.

No regrets whatsoever, I and the wife love our van. It looks the dogs danglies and drives great too. I do have to think twice if I'm going to enter some retail parks and the like if there's a height restriction as it's at least 2.1m with the BFG's. Fortunately plenty of car parks I go to have no restriction but I've had to check and look at google street view before going.

No regrets whatsoever, I and the wife love our van. It looks the dogs danglies and drives great too. I do have to think twice if I'm going to enter some retail parks and the like if there's a height restriction as it's at least 2.1m with the BFG's. Fortunately plenty of car parks I go to have no restriction but I've had to check and look at google street view before going.
Try the Parkopedia app, it includes height restrictions.

Back