Has anyone ever regretted buying their van?

The thing is, without using a worn out phrase, ‘it is what it is’ and there’s no point continuously comparing your old van with your new. I’ve had this dilemma recently.... whether to keep a very trusty old vehicle in favour of the T6 or not, but they were two different animals and it’s not fair to keep comparing them (not good for your mind either). Enjoy your new van for what it is and move on from something you don’t have now and can’t control. :thumbsup:

Cruise Control and driving like an octogenarian is your best hope I’m afraid.

Cruise control will only help by stopping your speed from creeping up. The most economical way to drive is with a well controlled right foot, anticipation and conservation of momentum.

Cruise control will only help by stopping your speed from creeping up. The most economical way to drive is with a well controlled right foot, anticipation and conservation of momentum.
Sad but true!
Cruise control can't plan ahead, like many drivers, but us T6 owners obviously can!

I have 2 regret's
1) I should have bought one sooner. I love the van and I love the scene.
2) I didn't buy the 204BHP 4M

When the T7 comes I will go for the top spec if funds allow.

The T6 replaced a traffic i had for 14 years,and the traffic replaced a T4 i had for 10 years,both from new.
I suppose a work horse has different needs to a camper,guess I just got too used to the traffic.

Going from lwb to a swb hasn't done me any favours,but I have 5 different trades worth of tools I need to carry all at once,if I was just a sparks or just a plumber,I could get away with it i guess,but I install kitchens,so I need carpentry,electrical,plumbing/gas,plastering,tiling gear etc always on board.

Hey ho.

You need a 2nd van to play in @ weekends and convert it you have all the tools and trades lol

We have a top of the range VW T6 bought it last year used it just once , been away a few days and my wife hates it due to can’t use the pop-top has she has vertigo. So looks like we will have to sell it , any ideas were to sell it

Become a VIP member and you could sell it on this very Forum...a small price to pay for a large target audience. GLWTS :thumbsup:

We have a top of the range VW T6 bought it last year used it just once , been away a few days and my wife hates it due to can’t use the pop-top has she has vertigo. So looks like we will have to sell it , any ideas were to sell it
speak to @BognorMotors and or @Eclipse Campers they might be interested ... or put a bed downstairs use the pop top for storage you would have loads of room inside

As @Ricardo T says, join up as a VIP Member.... there are traders as well as private buyers on here and you won’t get any time wasters!

You’re about five minutes away from me in Cropston! :thumbsup:

@Michael Edward Jackson. We've got a pop top but have never even considered sleeping in it (not even as naive prospective and /or new campervanners!) - for a start, I'm too long! That said, we wouldn't be without the much needed head room that it provides in the van which transforms from a cramped to airy space and an altogether much nicer place to be when the weather turns to carp and we're confined to quarters. If you've not already got a bed downstairs, I'd look into it before doing anything hasty.

@Michael Edward Jackson. We've got a pop top but have never even considered sleeping in it (not even as naive prospective and /or new campervanners!) - for a start, I'm too long! That said, we wouldn't be without the much needed head room that it provides in the van which transforms from a cramped to airy space and an altogether much nicer place to be when the weather turns to carp and we're confined to quarters. If you've not already got a bed downstairs, I'd look into it before doing anything hasty.
Good advice

All good advice above, but if you are going to sell it now is the time. Got to be close to the top of the market at present.

I’ve regretted buying a transporter 8 times ha ha and after each time I have sold it, I bought another one
Had a wobble today as well, now that I work 1.5miles from home I probably only do 50/60 miles a week..... do it keep it ha ha

I've been really fortunate with my vans, with a 204ps 4motion now and I previously owned a T5 Limited Edition X from new.

I can't put into words how much a miss that Limited Edition X, but my new van is lovely - when it works!

But hand on heart my favourite van was my first T5, an old ex fleet van with enough miles to get to Saturn and back; with the pitiful 1.9l, and the earth shattering 88bhp. It was my favourite because I just used and abused it without a second thought, I did so much more in that van because I wasn't being precious about breaking it or bothering about how much it was depreciating.

My main regret is buying the 204ps, with all the extras, because hand on heart I don't use it anywhere near as much - and I could have spent the large chunk of pennies I could have saved on more toys!

Top of the line, new vans are lovely; but don't think just because something is new it has to be better!

Back