Had to buy another car!

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
image.jpg
Due to being moved into the multi-storey car park at work in January, I have had to buy a cheap car to get me to work and back! Went for a retro Polo 6n. On the face of it there are some minor things need doing but I will find out the truth tomorrow when she goes in for full service and check up. Think I will need new clutch, brakes and found Mayo in oil filler cap so just hoping it's because she has been standing or else it could be a head gasket! We shall see.
She is a rare 1.6 GLX.

View attachment 3807
Due to being moved into the multi-storey car park at work in January, I have had to buy a cheap car to get me to work and back! Went for a retro Polo 6n. On the face of it there are some minor things need doing but I will find out the truth tomorrow when she goes in for full service and check up. Think I will need new clutch, brakes and found Mayo in oil filler cap so just hoping it's because she has been standing or else it could be a head gasket! We shall see.
She is a rare 1.6 GLX.
VW through to the bone.:):):)

Mayo in the filler neck, was common. Mainly due to short journeys and engine not getting to temperature. Good little motor with a nice little engine.

Very nervous as taking her in for the full service and check up this morning and brakes are awful and the roads are icey etc! I feel safe and confident in the T6 so going to be a nervous wreck this morning lol!

Looking for one of those for my daughter at the moment but with the 1.2 engine @Buggirl Is there anything I should watch out for?

@Buggirl and how is the commute now :unsure: trust that the Polo is responding well to regular use and the Mayo is now long sorted ? The upside :thumbsup: of buying another car is that is saving adding miles to the T6 even if the smiles per mile are not the same ;)

No problem at all. I hope you find as good a one as I did. Remember though if there are any of these things wrong parts aren't too rare and very cheap. Only 900 of this model left in UK and only 90 GLXs in the world left.

Back