H7 LED DRL lamp upgrade

Minimucks

T6 Guru
I've trolled through the world of lamp upgrades and not quite found the info I want.

I'm looking for a lamp upgrade for my h7 drl bulbs. It would be nice to go from orange to white without any dash lights appearing.

Does anyone have details for a decent pair of lamps that are guaranteed to work and available in the UK?

I'm only willing to graze my knuckles the once so want them to be right.

Cheers

IMG_20200815_170322~2.jpg

I too am looking for a replacement pair of LED DRL bulbs for the H7 headlights (W21W). Anyone found any CANBUS Error Free ones, they could recommend please?

Yes, I managed to buy some from Aliexpress For £10 incl p&p for 2 (pair). They worked a treat for me.

One year on and now I'm also asking. Did you get anywhere with this @CaptainZag?
Yes, I managed to buy some from Aliexpress For £10 incl p&p for 2 (pair). They worked a treat for me. 10.46£ 40% OFF|BMTxms 2x Canbus No Error T20 W21W 7440 7443 LED DRL Daytime Running Lights White 1500LM For Volkswagen Passat Beetle 2012 2015|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress I contacted the company in advance and they replied promptly saying they would fit and would be canbus error free.

There’s some recent comments on the H4 to H7 thread where a few of us have used the Twenty20 drl can bus led from Auto Bulbs Direct with no issues.

I stuck twenty20's in over the weekend.
Now errors.

I used these a few weeks back. They have worked perfectly, except for one occasion when the starter battery was low (left a few days with dashcam running and had low volts warning on the radio display when ignition turned on) and I got a bulb warning. A few minutes later I restarted the van and the warning cleared.

Twenty20 LEDs

Thanks all. Spotted they do a ‘better’ version now (scores 9.5/10 on their canbus scale versus 8/10 for the old ones)

Reactions: CJW
Back