[GUIDE] How to remove the H4 or H7 headlight units from a VW Transporter T6

Andysmee

Previously the last of the TSI's
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Little guide to removing the headlight units, after removing the front bumper first, which includes a video about this. But you don't have to remove the whole bumper to take one light out at a time - thanks to another member for pointing that out! (instructions at end of that thread)

Undo the two torx screws on top, and one in the middle underneath, leaving the inner screw (on left in first picture) until last.

PXL_20210130_162813016.jpg
PXL_20210130_163125434.jpg
Then, whilst supporting the headlight - I just stood with my leg stopping it falling out - undo that last torx screw.
Then slightly lift the unit to pull it past the bumper frame, turn it over and support it in a bit of a hug to allow you to use both hands to remove the connector. Done
PXL_20210130_163640142.jpg
PXL_20210130_172509732.jpg

Last edited:
I have just made a post on the "Removing the Front Bumper thread" pointing out that you don't actually need to remove the whole bumper to replace a headlight

I have just made a post on the "Removing the Front Bumper thread" pointing out that you don't actually need to remove the whole bumper to replace a headlight
Thanks, I've updated the start of this one

Back