Got myself a Acapulco Blue one

Hi @kieran and welcome to the Forum and you have a lovely looking van there :thumbsup:. You'll find that the members on here will be able to answer any queries that you may have :D, especially when it comes to helping you spend wisely your money on upgrades and modifications :whistle: because there are all sorts of things that you can do to personalize your T6 :cool:. Have fun, look around the Discussion areas and their indices, especially in the Camper/Day Van Conversions for all sorts of ideas and advice. Do ask questions though if you need to because there will be plenty of help available to you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just one question are you sure about 140, which is a Euro 5, or is it the Euro 6 150 with Adblue filler by the fuel filler?:confused:

Last edited:
Yes its the 150 ! force of habit after 5 years of owning a 140 lol .
I've been reading loads on here already, my first job is to permanent wire my dash cam in when the cable comes.

Which dashcam have you gone for? There is a comprehensive thread on the subject that includes some detailed installation advice and photos that I hope you have discovered. It's in the Electrics, Lighting, ICE area if you haven't seen it and it's worth a read :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've got a garmin 55 , i will take a look at the thread . I did have a roadhawk when i had the accident and it didnt record it !

I've got a garmin 55 , i will take a look at the thread . I did have a roadhawk when i had the accident and it didnt record it !
Most popular on here seems to be the Thinkware 770 with front and rear simultaneous recordings with good definition.

Most popular on here seems to be the Thinkware 770 with front and rear simultaneous recordings with good definition.
I have read that alot are using the thinkware ones . I already have the garmin , good quality but not rear facing , only had it a month so wont be buying another just yet after forking out 30k for the van lol . Still hurts that does !!

I have read that alot are using the thinkware ones . I already have the garmin , good quality but not rear facing , only had it a month so wont be buying another just yet after forking out 30k for the van lol . Still hurts that does !!
I can understand that the Thinkware is a considerable outlay on top of the van's purchase @kieran, but set that against the potential saving and evidential value in the event of an incident such as the one that wrote off your T5.1, particularly as it still operates in parking mode.

Looks good @kieran and nicely unmolested.

What happened with the crash? If it wrote of your T5.1 I assume it was pretty bad? What happened to the Porsche? That must have been totalled?

Looks good @kieran and nicely unmolested.

What happened with the crash? If it wrote of your T5.1 I assume it was pretty bad? What happened to the Porsche? That must have been totalled?
Stationary on a slip road . mr porsche smacked into the rear corner of mine and shunted me into 2 other cars so front and back damage . rear corner, floor and roof a bit bent and ripples all down the side . I think my van was 2" shorter at the end of it ! Honestly i didnt look at his porsche or even talk to him except to get his details . I was more concerned as i had my son with me and the poor people in front ...... All because he didnt want to que like the rest of the world !

Stationary on a slip road . mr porsche smacked into the rear corner of mine and shunted me into 2 other cars so front and back damage . rear corner, floor and roof a bit bent and ripples all down the side . I think my van was 2" shorter at the end of it ! Honestly i didnt look at his porsche or even talk to him except to get his details . I was more concerned as i had my son with me and the poor people in front ...... All because he didnt want to que like the rest of the world !

Blimey that's awful.
Some truly terrible drivers around.

Back