Glovebox 'coolbox'

@Pauly You could be wright but the plastic spigot is blanked off and will require to be drilled out , can't tell if it's on the cold side of the air box . Least of my worries at the moment as I F**cked up cutting the carpet when fitting the centre console and need to order a new cab carpet , not happy so I'll put my bottle in the fridge before I set off .

Ohh no cutting the carpet not good, did mine without cutting. Make sure you order a caravelle carpet as you make know they are a little different around the centre piece.

This is the black of glove box ,it looks like a rubber pipe would push over it

IMAG2272.jpg

In @chriscroft pic on page 1 you can see the hose connecting to that spigot and it looks very much like the factory coupler end of the long hose pic i posted

IMG_3134.JPG IMG_4139 - Copy.JPG

This is brilliant! Really useful info guys. It looks like that hose could be where it tees off to cool the bottle then.

@BiTurbo found a part number that relates to this system so i looked it up and its a closed 20mm grommet, it doesnt look like it fits onto any of the pipes i have put did notice that the lip/catch that secures it into place looks identical to the profile on the two pipes pictured earlier.
Im now wondering if this grommet needs to be removed from an air pipe inlet(?) and each of these pipes connects in its place ??????
20860.jpg IMG_4138 - Copy.JPG IMG_4139 - Copy.JPG

Think you're right that would then duct air to the glovebox and the bottle holder. Fantastic!

Yes the tube pictured above (the long one) is the correct pipe to run from the airbox to the glovebox and the bottle cooler in the centre console (if you have the comfort dash centre console) so its just the foam terminating ring to mate it to the back of the glovebox when its closed.
Thanks to @volkscraft who did a full comfort dash swap and confirmed the fitment of the pipe and terminating position, its in his thread but the connection point is up inside dash beside stereo so access will be a bit tricky !

"the long tube pictured is the correct pipe to run from the airbox to the glovebox (and the bottle cooler in the centre console if you have the comfort dash centre console) so its just the foam terminating ring to mate it to the back of the glovebox when its closed"

@Pauly what did the long tube cost you? Just wondering what the all-in cost will be..

Can't remember exactly but about £14-15 I reckon
I connected my glovebox the other day so it is now chilled but never did find a sealing ring like the foam one that goes behind the bottle cooler in the centre console, the outlet is pretty close to the entry in the glovebox when closed but reckon there's a mm or two which may benefit from sealing up ?

about £14-15 I reckon
Cheers Paul. Did you bother with an on/off valve at the box like the one in Chris Croft's photo?
So by the looks of the other post it's then it's a case of getting up beside the stereo in order to connect it to the air-box.. Might give this one a go, keep the sarnies cool.

If you've got the part number anywhere I'd be obliged.
Cheers,
Adam

Yes I have fitted the valve in the glovebox it's a simple cutout of the marked shape and it clips in, as I don't have the centre console (and can't due to double passenger seat) I have closed the other open end of the pipe

I wouldn't get too excited about this, I've got the cooled glovebox and bottle holder and they don't really cool that much

Haha sorry :laugh: You're not missing much with central bottle cooler though, it looks huge but can only hold a tiny bottle

Funnily enough, I had the bottle cooler off again today to do more fusebox firkling and because I put it down upside down I noticed something I hadn't seen before. The little plastic disc with a hole in it to let the air through, had been put in the wrong way round, so even when it was turned to max airflow inside, nothing much could get through

File 23-08-2017, 18 29 39.jpeg

Unclipping it and putting it on the right way and it looks like this

File 23-08-2017, 18 30 19.jpeg

Have to see what difference it makes but if you're finding the bottle cooling function a bit crap, it's worth pulling it out and having a look. Even German factories have Friday afternoons!

Funnily enough, I had the bottle cooler off again today to do more fusebox firkling and because I put it down upside down I noticed something I hadn't seen before. The little plastic disc with a hole in it to let the air through, had been put in the wrong way round, so even when it was turned to max airflow inside, nothing much could get through

View attachment 12504

Unclipping it and putting it on the right way and it looks like this

View attachment 12505

Have to see what difference it makes but if you're finding the bottle cooling function a bit crap, it's worth pulling it out and having a look. Even German factories have Friday afternoons!

I have taken the plastic disk out completely and I get a stronger flow of air.

Yes you could even enlarge the opening to be almost as big the sealing ring. Bit of a balancing act though, the T6 aircon is not the best and is borderline when it's really hot so you don't want to waste too much going into it

Back