Glovebox 'coolbox'

Should also mention my brother in law refers to my velle as the ice cream van, maybe I should put in a Mr Whippy maker and retro fit sliding windows?
Top Gear has been referring to its red and white Edition 6 as an ice cream van too.

Well I never knew we had a cooled glovebox and that the mysterious bottle holder cooled too; thanks guys!!

Wow, Chris that's excellent! I'm still convinced this can be a simple little mod for a Kombi / panel van one I work out where that pipe comes from. It's a shame Etka don't have any T6 schematics yet. It would make identifying parts so much easier!

Thanks again (to everyone).

All of my other new VWs had it but haven't even checked my van o_O. I will have a look. Great thread!

Hi guys , just collected my centre console bottle drinks holder , has anyone got parts numbers for the cooler pipe to the bottle holder , and were it connects up too.

I couldn't find it fella.
Did you mean the pipe or where it connected to. Ill have a look at the dealer parts diagram or had you tried this already
Could always cut a piece off my hose pipe and hot melt it in !!!

Have been on a mission for you guys trying to figure out this drinks bottle & glovebox cooler
I have bought a couple parts but cant see how they go together, these three pieces link up and go from the rear of the centre bottle cooler back and up but there is no diagram to show where it connects and as i dont have the centre console i cant really go any further with it
I know @BiTurbo & @carlg were looking at this.
Is anyone interested in having these parts to see if we can figure it out ??
The rigid pipe/foam surround presses on the opening on rear of bottle holder when it is closed, the pipe goes back then immediately to the right but the two other bits im not sure about fitment ??
IMG_4134.JPG IMG_4136.JPG IMG_4137.JPG IMG_4138.JPG IMG_4139.JPG IMG_4141.JPG

The suggestion when ordering was that they connect to central airbox in dash that distributes air to various outlets etc
On parts diagram it seems to have several outlets/spigots on it but its hard to tell which are used and which are not ??

@Pauly went to VW vans Lancashire and spent 30 mins on the parts screen and still couldn't work out were the pipes connected too . When I was fitting the centre console I noticed a blanked off connector on the air box behind the lower glove compartment, so this might be where the pipe connects to .

@Pauly ,are those pipes just for bottle holder or lower glove box aswell ?
Im not 100% Carl, the plastic pipe is definitely the piece that runs away from bottle cooler as i looked at it on thoggs van when i met him the other day
The other 2 pipes are shown on ETKA floating in space but are laid on the screen beside the initial plastic piece so my thought was that they all connected together but having looked through this thread again on the pic of the stripped vele glovebox earlier the short rubber pipe looks a bit like the one behind the glovebox running back and up so wondering now if the long one + plastic one is bottle cooler and short one plus another part is the glovebox ?

The honest answer is i dont know but am confident these are part of one or both but it is possible there is a connector or coupler missing etc etc

@Pauly went to VW vans Lancashire and spent 30 mins on the parts screen and still couldn't work out were the pipes connected too . When I was fitting the centre console I noticed a blanked off connector on the air box behind the lower glove compartment, so this might be where the pipe connects to .
This makes sense, my parts guy suggested there was a spare spigot on the air box for pipe to connect to but diagrams are all exploded so you cant tell which pipes go where and if/how many are spare.
The plus side of this, if we are correct the air box controls temp and seems to have a hot side and a cool side with control flaps linked to temp control knob (im guessing) so if spare spigot is in cold side of box cooler will be permanently cold regardless of temp setting on dash (but that could be wishful thinking)

@Pauly You could be wright but the plastic spigot is blanked off and will require to be drilled out , can't tell if it's on the cold side of the air box . Least of my worries at the moment as I F**cked up cutting the carpet when fitting the centre console and need to order a new cab carpet , not happy so I'll put my bottle in the fridge before I set off .

Back