Glass..

James Risker

Morning

Wanting to fit a sliding door window and tailgate glass to my panel van...I really want just the standard green tint but it seems impossible to find in the after market kits and I believe the factory glass will not fit the panel van correctly?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

I have the OE slider windows fitted but believe they have to be tinted so you cannot see the steel behind were the window has been cut out. i haven't seen any aftermarket glass not tinted. maybe some one else on the forum has.

When you refer to the "standard green tint", is that as per the factory fitted bottle green glass used on the Cali's etc, rather than limo glass?? TPS can supply the bottle green tinted glass.
Why wouldn't the factory glass not fit the panel van? It's the same base vehicle.
Limo glass is useful as it prevents the scum seeing any "valuables" inside your van.

Yep the factory “bottle green glass”

As Halfnail says the Factory fitted ones are different so when you cut out a panel van you can see where it’s been cut, aftermarket ones have a bigger boarder around the edge if that makes sense? I think anyway!!
Just personally I hate window tints, always try to leave my van empty of valuables anyway.

Thanks

You can add the discreet blackened border yourself to hide the steel panel if required. It's just paint the autoglass guys have that can be painted on the inside of the glass.

Back