Glasgow overnight in campervan

Thanks. Ibrox is my regular destination for football. I did see that Shields Road subway station has a large "park and ride" car park right next to the M74, so that is useful for match day parking and jumping on the subway as well as a quicker get away on the motorway for the drive back to south Wales, but not so sure overnight.
we always do this when we go in...
very straightforward :thumbsup:
- like you say though, no so sure about using it overnight...

but you could stay outside the city (Strathclyde Country Park, which is about 30 mins away, for example) and then drive in and park up at Shields Road.

as an aside, and as is usual with these things cos they like to make it as difficult as possible, I can't see if Shields Road Park & Ride is inside or outside the LEZ??

we always do this when we go in...
very straightforward :thumbsup:
- like you say though, no so sure about using it overnight...

but you could stay outside the city (Strathclyde Country Park, which is about 30 mins away, for example) and then drive in and park up at Shields Road.

as an aside, and as is usual with these things cos they like to make it as difficult as possible, I can't see if Shields Road Park & Ride is inside or outside the LEZ??

Yes I could indeed stay at Strathclyde Park, that's on my options list already. Only problem with that is that I will need to drive post match which means no beers post match. This is of course a first world problem but a real one :) hence why I was exploring sites that I could stay overnight at in the city or close to subway / trains into town.

In my research I have found a campsite at Stepps (Red Deer Village Holiday Park) which is a 10-15 min walk from the train station and only 3 stops to Glasgow Queen Street. That could be another option.

Or just park in my driveway

A fine and kind offer, thanks. But I’ll spare you, I have pals on the outskirts of Glasgow that I can stay at as another option, I’m just exploring everything to keep my options very open depending what I’m doing and how soon I need to get on the road following a match.

Back