Ghost 2 - expected behaviour or faulty?

borat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

Had a ghost 2 fitted to t6.1 last week and have a couple of questions about its behaviour.

1) I had an issue where I forgot to put code in before trying to start. It came up with gearbox error (which seems normal when it blocks). However when I turned off ignition and waited a few seconds and tried again the gearbox error continued and putting code in correctly didn’t clear it. The only thing I can think of is that I MAY have still had brake pedal pressed. Would this have stopped it resetting?
2) I set service mode and per the manual I expected to be able to put code in to cancel it, but this didn’t work. I had to drive it to reset it. Does the manual reset work for others?

Thanks

Hi all

Had a ghost 2 fitted to t6.1 last week and have a couple of questions about its behaviour.

1) I had an issue where I forgot to put code in before trying to start. It came up with gearbox error (which seems normal when it blocks). However when I turned off ignition and waited a few seconds and tried again the gearbox error continued and putting code in correctly didn’t clear it. The only thing I can think of is that I MAY have still had brake pedal pressed. Would this have stopped it resetting?
2) I set service mode and per the manual I expected to be able to put code in to cancel it, but this didn’t work. I had to drive it to reset it. Does the manual reset work for others?

Thanks
When I get my code wrong (to be accurate, when the wife gets the code wrong), it can take several turns of the ignition before the Ghost will disable.

If we forget to put the code in, then it needs turning back off and leaving for a few seconds before trying again. Have it on another vehicle where it seems to take a few turns sometimes like RunDSG mentions.

For service mode - once it’s in. When you turn it off and restart, if you put your usual code in (not the service one) then it should come out of service mode by doing so.

If we forget to put the code in, then it needs turning back off and leaving for a few seconds before trying again. Have it on another vehicle where it seems to take a few turns sometimes like RunDSG mentions.

For service mode - once it’s in. When you turn it off and restart, if you put your usual code in (not the service one) then it should come out of service mode by doing so.
Thanks both. I put the usual code in but it didn't disable the service mode until I drove it. TBH its behaviour when code is missed and resetting it seems a little inconsistent, which is a worry. I can persuade the wife its a good idea as long as its consistent.. if it does strange things, she's going to lose confidence and worry about it.

I think don’t mess about with service mode when this happens. Just give it a few seconds and try again.

I think don’t mess about with service mode when this happens. Just give it a few seconds and try again.
They are 2 different issues. When I tested engaging service mode it wouldn't disable manually, despite correctly entering the code. This was separate and a day or 2 away from the issue I had with the Ghost not disabling after forgetting to input code first time, where the DSG error came up when turning the ignition back on and correctly entering the code several times, despite leaving it a few seconds in between each time (and trying other things like locking and unlocking the van).

It does sound like it’s acting a little strange. Is the installer able to come back and double check how it’s working?

It does sound like it’s acting a little strange. Is the installer able to come back and double check how it’s working?
I'm back in there next week so will get them to look at it but always tricky with intermittent problems

And there was me considering swapping out my Global Telemetrics S5 kit for a Ghost because mine throws the odd wobbly! I'm lucky enough to be working today with my van in an upstairs secured car park. I get a message from them to say my van has been started without the fob/card thing, the map view shows it's 10 miles away. I naturally panic and race upstairs to find my wagon where I left it. Panic over, a few calories burnt.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back