Generation Six Wheel Hub Caps.

Im not to sure how they attach but I'm guessing it's the same method as steel centre caps if this is the case the difference between a T6 and the beetle version could be the beetle ones might be 5x112 PCD

Thank you so much for your response. What a shame you don't feel like you can replace them.

What are the part numbers for the Gen6 vs the Beetle? I only need two but it might be a bit of a risk unless I know for sure they are the same; I know that in some instances, parts can be the same with different numbers.

We will replace them eventually, probably after we move house. The area we live in at the moment is getting hit quite hard for vehicle crime.
The part number I was given for the van caps is
W7ЕО 601 149 AQ ZQ
The part number for the Beetle ones on eBay is 5C0601149 CQ ZQ

Im not to sure how they attach but I'm guessing it's the same method as steel centre caps if this is the case the difference between a T6 and the beetle version could be the beetle ones might be 5x112 PCD

Thanks for the info, I think you’ll probably right.

Hi, first time post, I've lost a chrome hub capo my gen 6,does anyone know where I can get these from aside from VW, my dealership charges a fortune for everything!

Hi, first time post, I've lost a chrome hub capo my gen 6,does anyone know where I can get these from aside from VW, my dealership charges a fortune for everything!

Hi Otterboy.
I’ve still not replaced mine, so have been scouring the internet for a cheaper alternative. So far I’ve not had much luck, but will let you know if I find any cheaper than from VW. Let me know if you find some first.

My local commercial dealer can do them at £88 but that's direct from VW - seems extortionate to be charging almost the price of an alloy wheel!

Hi all been out and about today I’ve lost one of my center caps. Does anyone know if the be beetle one are the same.I know part number are not the same

5C0601149CQZQ beetle
7E0601149A Generation Six

cheers Dave

Hey folks, anyone managed to find a website that can source these center chrome caps for the gen6 (at a reasonably price)? Lost mine one the motorway the other day after a tyre change and been struggling to get hold of one :(

FYI - this was one of the few places I found online that had this part: Wheel center hub cap trim cap DISC VW T6 2016-2019 - but as you can see it's not cheap! (or available that often)

Last edited:
Finally today I made sense of the hub cap. After several scratches I could not believe VW did something so difficult to remove and put back. After observing the rear hub cap I have noticed a printed image: it’s a valve cap. I have hence aligned the cap to the alloy tyre valve and it fits immediately with no effort not scratch!
I wish I new this before, I’ll have to refurbish the alloys now

So, how do you get the hub caps off these disc hubs? I've tried the VW hook in the central hole, but I'm loath to pull harder than I've tried. Any suggestions or techniques, or is it just carefully pull harder? Thanks. H

Spray a little wd40 between the alloy and the cap.Pull harder the hook helping the cap with one hand. Don’t be afraid of braking it, it’s quite sturdy. Remember to remove them all every 2/3 months, it will make it easier to remove them when needed.

Everything you need to know about these Discs and more :cool:

The centre caps for Beetle & T6 are the same (see new T6 package with the centre cap).
The way to remove them is to use the VW center cap removal key (part of your spare wheel kit) - also shown in the video.

Back