Gear Sense Failure ???

Bardot

HELP. So first day with my T6 (2016 T32 42k 140 manual). Drove van for 60 miles yesterday no problem. Today drove for 200 yrds and beep park pilot comes on, gear indicator top right of display goes out, start stop fails !.... I'm completely new to VW but it seems to me that whatever tells the computer which gear is selected is failing. I drove for around 20 miles with the park pilot beeping and illuminating ever 100 yrds or so. The selected gear would flash in the top corner of the screen then go out and beep on comes the park pilot. With the box in neutral I walked to the back of the van and when the display beeped the reversing lights came on so I guess they where doing that whilst driving.. Tried all and any resets I could select but no change. Then the fault seemed to fade away with me driving further and further without activating and correct gear selected showing on screen. I eventually drove the final five or six miles with everything seeming OK. So any help gratefully received.

Should be, if the van has sensed a problem it will log a fault code that should give you an idea what’s going on

Back