T5.1 Rear Parking Sensor Fault

M19ads

Hi
I have been having issues with my factory fit parking sensors for some time now and wondered if anyone may be able to help. They stopped working although when the issue first occurred they worked intermittently for a few weeks before finally failing. When selecting reverse I get the constant beep for a few seconds but then nothing. I have tried putting in reverse and listening for clicking bur none of them are making any sound. Seems a bit unlikely that they would all fail at once I would have thought?! I have had it plugged in and got the codes in the attached image. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. I have had rear bumper off and all looks ok with the wiring, no obvious damage. I’m wondering if more likely to be the control module rather than sensors? If anyone can advise I would be most grateful. Thanks a lot.

IMG_7431.png

Bang it in reverse with the ignition on and place your finger lightly on each one. You should feel a slight pulse. Obviously if one doesn't it's that one that has failed.

Bang it in reverse with the ignition on and place your finger lightly on each one. You should feel a slight pulse. Obviously if one doesn't it's that one that has failed.
yep thanks, have done that already and none of them make any sound or clicking at all.

yep thanks, have done that already and none of them make any sound or clicking at all.
Hi mate I had a similar thing on a vw touran checked it with carista and it told me which one was at fault so I ordered new one when a removed the bumper there was three broken wires I repaired those then it was fine
So maybe remove bumper first to check as I have an unused sensor in my shed

Hi mate I had a similar thing on a vw touran checked it with carista and it told me which one was at fault so I ordered new one when a removed the bumper there was three broken wires I repaired those then it was fine
So maybe remove bumper first to check as I have an unused sensor in my shed
Thanks, I have had the bumper off already. All wiring looks to be in good condition.

1 Fault Found:
1079828 - Supply Voltage for Parking Aid Sensor(s)
B107A 14 [00001001]- Open or Short to Ground

The sensors have common supply wire (grey/brown) as well as common ground (grey/red) - probably easiest to use multimeter to trace the break. There is a 12-pin black connector behind left D-pillar trim where all the wires meet.
EDIT: corrected wire colours

Last edited:
1 Fault Found:
1079828 - Supply Voltage for Parking Aid Sensor(s)
B107A 14 [00001001]- Open or Short to Ground

The sensors have common supply wire (grey/brown) as well as common ground (grey/red) - probably easiest to use multimeter to trace the break. There is a 12-pin black connector behind left D-pillar trim where all the wires meet.
EDIT: corrected wire colours
Thanks that’s really helpful, I’ll have a look

Back