Gas Vs Diesel Heater

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a dilemma;
I was all set for an induction hob with an under chassis mounted diesel heater, however the hob draws a significant amount of power, (300-2000W) which will deplete my [yet to be purchased] leisure battery very quickly when not on electrical hook up.

If I'm reverting to gas for my cooking, then I'd also want to consider gas for heating.
I really don't like the idea of a gas bottle in the van and would prefer an under bloody slung version.

What experiences have you had with Gas heating vs Diesel? Is it quieter?
With LPG on board, does that affect insurance and channel tunnel costs?
Am I missing some prime reason for sticking with the status quo?

Cheers All!

I have a dilemma;
I was all set for an induction hob with an under chassis mounted diesel heater, however the hob draws a significant amount of power, (300-2000W) which will deplete my [yet to be purchased] leisure battery very quickly when not on electrical hook up.

If I'm reverting to gas for my cooking, then I'd also want to consider gas for heating.
I really don't like the idea of a gas bottle in the van and would prefer an under bloody slung version.

What experiences have you had with Gas heating vs Diesel? Is it quieter?
With LPG on board, does that affect insurance and channel tunnel costs?
Am I missing some prime reason for sticking with the status quo?

Cheers All!
Or go diesel hob.... They're pretty awesome and you only need the vans fuel tank.

Or go diesel hob.... They're pretty awesome and you only need the vans fuel tank.
I've had some further time to assess this and am probably over engineering the solution.
I'm going to stick with induction hob and only use it when on electrical hook up or sparingly if not. We're not planning to cook in the van, it's only for hot drinks and the odd tin of soup!

Thanks though!

Back