Gap Insurance For T6 Transporter Camper Conversion

There are different types of GAP insurance that provide cover for different scenarios - I'm just trying to establish what you're trying to insure against.

If the campervan is written off or stolen then looking for GAP insurance to cover the difference between insurance payout and cost of replacement

Okay, so you're after Vehicle Replacement GAP. Have you already bought the van and was it converted to a camper before you bought it?

Unless Revolution Campers have type approval, then insurers will view their conversions as a series of modifications and, as you've already discovered, most won't offer Vehicle Replacement GAP. There may be a niche insurer out there that offers what you're looking for, but I'm afraid I'm not aware of one.

An alternative approach would be to purchase an Agreed Value policy so that you're covered for the full replacement value in the event your van is written-off. You'll usually need to provide a purchase invoice, pictures of the van and a detailed description of the conversion in order to justify the value you wish to agree and I'd advise you review & revise that value annually. It can be a tedious process, but it may be a more realistic way to achieve what you want.

Unless Revolution Campers have type approval, then insurers will view their conversions as a series of modifications and, as you've already discovered, most won't offer Vehicle Replacement GAP. There may be a niche insurer out there that offers what you're looking for, but I'm afraid I'm not aware of one.

An alternative approach would be to purchase an Agreed Value policy so that you're covered for the full replacement value in the event your van is written-off. You'll usually need to provide a purchase invoice, pictures of the van and a detailed description of the conversion in order to justify the value you wish to agree and I'd advise you review & revise that value annually. It can be a tedious process, but it may be a more realistic way to achieve what you want.
Thanks , I’ll let you know if I find an insurer

Reactions: Bav
I rang them today, guy at Adrian Flux said they don’t offer GAP insurance for campervans, only for cars unfortunately.
@Dingo unless the stopped doing it since May this year when I renewed they still do it, ask about agreed valuation not gap insurance they insure the van at market value then the AV tops it up to the value it is now with mods

@Dingo

@Dingo unless the stopped doing it since May this year when I renewed they still do it, ask about agreed valuation not gap insurance they insure the van at market value then the AV tops it up to the value it is now with mods
Hi, I’m now sorted with MB&G. They called me, I’ll pay a monthly fee for Combined GAP insurance. Sorted, sleep better now :)

Been with ALA for years, I have Gap with ALA on my T6 now whilst its "in conversion" but probably won't need once its on an agreed valuation policy.

Reactions: Bav
Back