diamond_dog

VIP Member
'16 Multivan. I've bought an additional T91R remote for my Webasto, and in order to synch it to the receiver I need to power cycle the control unit.. I'm having a hard time finding a layout map of the fuses under the drivers seat (Left FWD on my vehicle), so I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to help?

1A fuse on the Webasto loom - unless a numbskull has hacked the Webasto loom about. If it has been wired correctly the Webasto should run directly from the leisure battery. Or disconnect the battery positive for 5 seconds, off button needs to be pressed for 1 second between 2 and 6 seconds of reconnecting power whichever way.

20191127_231050.jpg

Thanks, but how do I recognize the Webasto loom? Is it the one with a 7,5 and 30Amp fuses?

Last edited:
Just follow the loom back from the heater - what heater is it and where is it mounted? If factory fit it may be incorporated into the vehicle fuse system.
The loom should go to the leisure battery direct normally hence the loom being fused. There should be a 1A and a 15/20A ( depending upon which heater you have) together like this:

img-1239-copy.jpg

On right in your picture: the 20A fuse in between the blue ones.

Further perusal of Multivan :
According to the Telestart manual for a Multivan it should be a 7.5A fuse for the Telestart - the 20A fuse should be the heater fuse. For some reason the 1A has been substituted.
So most probably it is the 7.5A one at the bottom in your pic.
Really need to know what heater it is linked to.

So It's a Thermo Top Evo part no. 5Q0.010.014.D 5kW. How come its so difficult to find an overview of these specific fuses?

It's due to the big variation of options, For example, this is the California fuses but I don't have the 2 40a fuses for the electric sliding doors.
T6_Ocean_Fuses.png

'16 Multivan. I've bought an additional T91R remote for my Webasto,
So It's a Thermo Top Evo part no. 5Q0.010.014.D 5kW. How come its so difficult to find an overview of these specific fuses?
On right in your picture: the 20A fuse in between the blue ones.
As you already have a remote which makes me presume you've got also roof control panel for this heater (but you don't have second cabin air heater = another sticker on door, would probably be an Eberspächer?).

If equipped only with the mentioned Thermo Top Evo - I'm sticking with my post above - just a 20A fuse for the Webasto itself. Perhaps a specialty for VW?

However, the remote receiver controller and roof display controller are fed via fuse SC54 (7.5A) in centre dash fuse panel. Have a look at ---> T6 Fuse Layout SC,SD,SF (NON-CALI)

Here is a VCDS snapshot how the Webasto (exactly the same as yours) and it's remote controller are seen on CAN-bus.
---> Webasto Aux/parking (water) Heater Configuration With Vcds

Re the procedure adding a remote I 'm not sure if it still can be done by switching off/on the power.
OBD11 and VCDS suggest that it is done using "Basic settings":
OBD11 18 Webasto - Basic Settings.jpg

VW Multivan Telestart instructions state 7.5A fuse for the telestart, pulling the heater fuse will not put the Telestart in receiver mode for the pairing of a remote. The Telestart remote communicates separately from the auxiliary heater control panel.

remotecan.jpg

nwk.jpg

The auxilary heater control is the ecu on the heater - look at the above 2nd diagram for VWs naming convention, therefore the 20A fuse is correct for that. I cannot see a fuse labelled for the Telestart there, you need a fuse for the remote control receiver for auxiliary coolant heater. Pulling the 20A fuse should not cut the power to the Telestart ( it should have its own 1A or 7.5A fused supply) which is what is needed for the remote control pairing.

I have 1/2 a dozen Telestart receivers on the table next to me as I have been pairing the remotes to the receivers - not one will pair by pulling the heater fuse, only by removing power to the Telestart.

I have 1/2 a dozen Telestart receivers on the table next to me as I have been pairing the remotes to the receivers - not one will pair by pulling the heater fuse, only by removing power to the Telestart.
Just read Webasto Telestart instructions but it still remained unclear to me if I can actually pair more than just one remote with a receiver?

You can pair up to three! Four if it is a T91/HTM100 ( I have two paired to mine)

T70:
The wireless Webasto-Telestart T70 unit enables Webasto heating units -
- Thermo Top, Thermo Top T, Thermo Top Z/C and Thermo Top E - to be switched on and
off from a distance of up to 600 m.
A mode change on the transmitter enables the vehicle fan for ventilating the vehicle
interior to be switched on and off in the same manner.
The receiver limits the operating time once the heater has been switched on by the
transmitter. Maximum coverage is achieved in open country. In built-up areas the range is
likely to be reduced. Each receiver can "learn" the codes of up to 3 transmitters.

T80:
Programming Telestart Transmitter
1. Place batteries into the battery compartment of the transmitter.
2. Remove fuse 1A (black) from the heater’s fuse holder (voltage interruption).
3. Wait at least 5 seconds.
4. Replace fuse in heater’s fuse holder and within 5 seconds press the OFF
button on the transmitter for at least 1 second.
5. "Learning" is completed.
A second or third hand-held transmitter can be programmed in the same manner.
NOTE:
The learning process can be repeated as often as necessary. The "oldest" transmitter
will be deleted each time.

T91:
Teaching In Telestart Transmitter for Thermo Top E and C
1. Insert the battery in the battery compartment of the transmitter.
2. Remove the 1 A fuse (black) from the heater's fuse holder (voltage interruption
of receiver).
3. Wait at least 5 seconds and refit the fuse.
4. After approximately 2 seconds, however within 6 seconds, press the OFF button
on the transmitter for at least 1 second.
5. Teaching is completed.
A maximum of 4 hand-held transmitters can be taught in this way. During additional
teaching processes, the "oldest" transmitter will be deleted each time.

HTM100:
Teaching in Telestart Transmitter for Thermo Top E and C
1. Insert the battery in the battery compartment of the transmitter.
2. Remove the 1 A fuse (black) from the heater's fuse holder (voltage interruption
of receiver).
3. Wait at least 5 seconds and refit the fuse.
4. After approximately 2 seconds, however within 6 seconds, press the OFF button
on the transmitter for at least 1 second.
5. Teaching is completed.
A maximum of 4 hand-held transmitters can be taught in this way. During additional
teaching processes, the "oldest" transmitter will be deleted each time.

Last edited:
Back