Fuse box removal

Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi, I need to remove the fuse box at bottom of dash just below the glovebox to add in a live feed for the rear camera, could somebody please advise how I can do this please?

It's tricky you have to remove half the dash to get at it properly, lower panels/glovebox etc come out to access screws holding the lower trim in, it's much easier to go piggy back fuse in from the front

Thanks for advice re piggy back, i never thought about them, excellent idea.
Hi
I find myself in the same position. Not sure what you guys mean by piggy back from the front, I see only fuses and empty slots at the front. Can you elaborate a bit.
Also there is a 12v power outlet just below head unit, could I feed camera from this through an inline fuse?
Cheers

Hi there (specially @Pauly !),
I was just wondering if i do have to remove the plastics and glovebox - do you have some pointers to do this? as im lhd i never needed to remove the glovebox for various other things..

otherwise i was looking last night and wondering - there are two top screws, and one other screw toward the steering wheel that seem to hold the fusebox in place. i got the screws out, and then there are two lugs at the top that i need to slide the box out of. once i do this i think i may be able to gt to the back of the box without removing it.. do you reckon feasible?!

oh, and battery disconnected i guess when doing this right?

thanks in advance!

I only ever did one LHD and it was a long time ago, in fact the first T6 I ever worked on and I can't remember if it was very different to RHD. However, I do remember that I had to strip all the dash panels out to get the fuse box out properly. It isn't that bad, only takes about 15 minutes to do the lot. Hidden screws behind light switch and gear stick gaitor.

Hello,
Didnt manage to try last night but did this am early before the family woke... got a bit stuck :-(

We have rear heating, and the controls are just to the right of the gear stick (lhd...). The cables behind this are limiting the movement of the plastics which are otherwise free..! arrggh

No that its all loose i have more access so i'm going to try and see if i can do it like that without removing the heater dials but if someone could post how to get them out (i tried with trim tools to pop it out but it refused to budge really..)

thanks in advance...my wife will kill me if i spend too much time doing this!

@StudleyGlass may be able to help he has this setup and has removed it at some point
I think you have to remove the knobs to allow the flat fascia plate to come off but hopefully he can confirm

As @Pauly says you have to pull the knobs of first the gently prise the unit out with a trip tool . If i remember there are two plugs behind to un clip then you can remove it.
Found this shot of the side of the fuse box , may help you get some idea of where the fixing are .

20170722_163953.jpg

Back