Furniture squeak

MrD

T6 Guru
Last couple of drives out there has been a horribly annoying squeak that totally coincides with road surface etc it’s really quite loud. I have I believe traced it to the under bed panel where it touches the side cabinet , I can replicate it with a little hand pressure. What can I do ?. Take it off and take a tiny bit off, use a spray type product to “lubricate” it or ??

I assume it’s due to colder temps, wearing in (6 months old) or expansion?

54050D25-3D50-4500-BDE4-53078177A298.jpeg

I use the fuzzy side of stick on velcro on rattles like that..works well and stays put

The stick on felt pads you put in the bottom of chair legs also works

If the bed doesn’t slide and the under bed panel isn’t something that needs to be removed regularly you could opt to fix it to the side cabinet panel, eliminating any movement and rubbing between the two.

Reactions: MrD
Last couple of drives out there has been a horribly annoying squeak that totally coincides with road surface etc it’s really quite loud. I have I believe traced it to the under bed panel where it touches the side cabinet , I can replicate it with a little hand pressure. What can I do ?. Take it off and take a tiny bit off, use a spray type product to “lubricate” it or ??

I assume it’s due to colder temps, wearing in (6 months old) or expansion?

View attachment 178574
You had better speak to @Cuffy

Badly describe your job

Can't really see what I'm looking for by the picture.
If there's a slight gap, then maybe use a rubber strip with an adhesive backing to try and dampen the vibration.
Another option is to hang/fit some form of weight to act as a mass damper.
I might be able to source you something if I knew exactly what I was looking at. :thumbsdown:

On a side note, my side door squeaks like a herd of mice 1st thing in the morning, once the vans warmed up it disappears.
Heat + expansion = fixed :rofl:
Once I can locate these "herd of mice", my NVH head will swing into action and I will try to fix it for good.

The problem is the area in red is two panels that are not (I don’t think) joined together but are tight against each other the movement of the van on bumpier roads causes an irritating squeaking as the surface is shiny .

It’s so tight it won’t allow anything in between. I think I will remove the panel and either sand a bit off or carefully remove a few mm to stop contact.

Is there an option to join the panels?
Screws or some form bracket?
If not, then as you suggest, take me a smidgen off and maybe use felt, rubber to eliminate it.

Is there an option to join the panels?
Screws or some form bracket?
If not, then as you suggest, take me a smidgen off and maybe use felt, rubber to eliminate it.
Oh I would think a block or L bracket screwed could help out of sight

Back