Crafter 2.0tdi non starter

slater

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some inspiration for a non start 2016 crafter 2.0tdi.
I know this is a T6 forum but I'm at the end of my teather with this and I can't get an answer from any crafter forum.
OK here goes...
About 2 months ago the van started taking a but longer to start, but once fired ran fine.
I had the cambelt changed (as it was due) and the problem remained the same.
The mechanic scanned the engine after and said that the lambda sensor was faulty, so replaced that myself, but it didn't solve the issue. A friend then scanned with his vcds and it said low fuel pressure, so I had the fuel filter, rail pressure sensor, and rail pressure regulator all replaced. The fault code dissapeared but the van still wouldn't start. Spoke to a few people on the crafter forum and they said the crank toothed belt wears and causes non starts. Van back in the garage, new cambelt, and new crank pulley, but it's still the same.
If I spray the engine with a touch of easy start it fires and runs absolutely fine. No missfires and pulls well in any gear.
I've now had 5 garages look athe the van and nobody can understand why it won't start.
So far in the last 2 months it's cost £2k and it still doesn't work.
I have a vcds myself now, so I'm looking for inspiration from you guys to find out what is the best way to tackle this.
Thanks guys Dean

Please share

1) full VCDS Auto-Scan​

2) engine blockmap data​

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map​
[Single Controller Address - 01]​
[Measuring Values]​
[CSV file]​
The result file blockmap-01-... will be in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\...​

Hi mmi,
Full auto scan comes back with no faults. I will do the block test in the morning and post results.
Thanks for the reply

Full auto scan comes back with no faults.
It's not about fault codes - the Auto-Scan contains data how the Crafter is configured, which engine it has, what software revision it's running, etc., etc. - a kind of baseline data package. E.g. for MY16 Crafter there are 8 different 2.0TDI engines.

Low fuel pressure seen on VCDS OP? That's key here, and most of the other stuff you did is unrelated to this fault code. It could be as simple as a weeping injector which causes the rail pressure to be lost overnight. Lots of cranking to start next day to build the pressure up again, then runs fine. All until left again for a few hours. Scan as @mmi has said would be the way to diagnose further. Perhaps once when the thing is running, and again prior to starting again next morning.

Hello
what compression should be in the vw crafter 2019 2.0 DAU engine, does anyone know?
I checked my car and it is 21 bar

Hello
what compression should be in the vw crafter 2019 2.0 DAU engine, does anyone know?
I checked my car and it is 21 bar
I can’t tell you what the specific cranking cylinder pressure should be but it’s of little value unless all cylinders are checked.

Back