Fuel Tank Draining

Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
T6 Pro
I have to drain all the fuel from an almost full tank. Anyone know where the relays are to power the pumps so I can disconnect the fuel line in the engine bay and get it to pump its own fuel out?
Or, anyone know an easier way?

You could make live the power feed to the lift pump, its on a red multi plug connector under the passengers seat (rhd) it has a blue wire with a yellow tracer going to it, bridge 12 volts to that wire and it will run the priming pump.

Thank you for that Loz, will save me a lot of time. appreciated!

I drained my T5 before selling it. It has £100 oof Diesel in it.

I removed a fuel line in the engine bay and ran the fuel pump with VCDS.

Good Morning folks

I’m planning to remove the fuel tank this afternoon we will need to drain approximately 30 litres and plan to do this with the help of my pal and his VCDS

The question is we have adblue does the adblue tank have to come off?

Also vcds activating the lift pump any tips with that would be appreciated we have only used it on a golf before to get needle sweeps active etc

cheers chaps

Tbh i find it easier to just probe and feed the fuel pump directly, but the snap on diagnostic I use actually has a tank emptying function which I only found a week ago after manually draining a members tank

You could make live the power feed to the lift pump, its on a red multi plug connector under the passengers seat (rhd) it has a blue wire with a yellow tracer going to it, bridge 12 volts to that wire and it will run the priming pump.
Great bit of info! Thanks, saved the day! Couldn’t find the plug but put 12v to the same colour wire at the tank and emptied 75ltrs!

Reactions: Loz
Back