Front window mosquito nets

Cuiken

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hey, can anyone recommend a set of simple windows nets for the front windows of the T6?

We occasionally sleep in our (non camper) T6 and leave the front windows open to allow ventilation.

Works well but leaves us at the mercy of midges etc.

Cheers,

Cuiken

I can't recommend any mosquito nets but be careful what you buy as something designated 'mosquito net' might not be any good for stopping midges (which are a lot smaller).

I’ve been looking at the options too. We were once burgled in our previous Beach. We were sleeping upstairs and thieves cut through the mosquito mesh on the sliding windows and stole lots of bags and gear. It has made us a bit nervous. We now have a Caravelle, so sleep downstairs (well, there is only a downstairs!). There are lots of magnetic options for the cab windows but I would ideally have liked something more secure. I’m clearly paranoid now. There are quite a few recommendations in other posts for wind deflectors that allow you to lower the window a couple of inches and still maintain security. However, they only really create enough ventilation if you have a throughput of air with a tailgate device that holds the tailgate ajar.

So, my current preference would be magnetic midge screens at the front with the passenger window about half way and the driver’s side (where the locking button is accessible) less open.

Still keen to hear recommendations.

Having a minimum of one woman in the van ensures I don’t get bitten.

Back