Custom made bug / mosquito nets

moodsterT6

T6 Caravelle - Day Van - Occasional Camper
T6 Pro
My wife made us some mosquito nets for the cab windows. The top few inches is a waterproof material to enable the windows to be opened a few inches when it’s raining. They attach with magnetic tape which was sowed into the seams. Really easy and quick to fit and remove.

We can’t fit wind deflectors to our Caravelle as it has the acoustic glass which is thicker.
E3B65773-AC36-4CB0-A4D7-C7205CC17877.jpegC979CA95-ADDF-4C54-8A66-36AD718D751E.jpeg8AD1FA11-39D5-4974-A581-461A7CFC7237.jpeg

I wish I had a talented wife.

Good job, great product there. Being a camping virgin, I've yet to see how bad the problem can be. Although I'm probably more concerned about wabbies (wasps)

We’ve been testing sleeping in the van whilst on the driveway at home. What we have learnt is that with the cab windows cracked open 1-2 inches we get no condensation in the van, none. These nets will prove invaluable to us I think. Really pleased with them.

My wife made us some mosquito nets for the cab windows. The top few inches is a waterproof material to enable the windows to be opened a few inches when it’s raining. They attach with magnetic tape which was sowed into the seams. Really easy and quick to fit and remove.

We can’t fit wind deflectors to our Caravelle as it has the acoustic glass which is thicker.
View attachment 111855View attachment 111856View attachment 111857
Is your wife taking orders? ;)

I've seen some magnetic strip with strong adhesive... Maybe save sewing a hem
Heres a link...
The Magnet tape I used started to peel off the material within a few days. Sewing it in is more permanent and durable, it also makes the nets easier to store as you can roll them without fear of the magnetic tape peeling off.

These are great. They fit in the side and rear door frames and roll up when not in use... They were from www.sarahs-mosquito.net and as other users have said, Sarah herself is really helpful and friendly and very good value for money. I'm sure she'd consider something for the front windows too...

tempImagehSBsq0.png

I got these. Good fit with quite strong magnets and keep the sun off. They don’t fold down though so storage is a pain. They imply that they can be used whilst driving but not been able to verify this, the supplier has not been able to provide anything to back up the claim. If they could be used whilst driving then this removes the storage issue and makes the high cost a little more justifiable.

Back