Ventilation for cab windows

BeccaJDB

VIP Member
Wild camped in our Caravelle just this weekend and boy was it hot. And that’s in the Lakes. It’d be unbeatable anywhere properly warm.

We don’t have a sliding side window so our only option for ventilation is to leave the front cab windows open a bit.

I’ve seen the expensive grilles, but they don’t look as if they would allow much sort through. Has anyone used one of the simple concertina grilles?

I’ve got Climair wind deflectors, they allow you to drop the windows a couple of inches even when it’s raining. Haven’t had any issues with condensation with this method. If you have a tailgate you can get a latch extension that allows it to be open slightly, but still lock.

Caravelle here, we have the Climair deflectors and a tailgate latch from SteeFree.

The tailgate latch is a bit of a faff with the full electric tailgate but with a bit practice is fine. The trick is to manually stop and brace the tailgate when it's about 6 inches to go, pop the latch in and close the final bit by hand.

I’m just not sure if the Climair will let enough air through. We had the windows down by about a third last night at 16C.

The trick I find is through flow. Just the windows air only flows across the cab, with the tailgate it flows through.

We've yet to experiment with camping but it works fine with our usual "fish and chips at a rainy beach car park"

Back