Front Swivels With Standard Kombi Seating

Surfrdan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone got experience of installing swivel bases onto the front seats in a Kombi? I appreciate there will not be as much legroom as a conversion but is it usable at all? I've got a passenger bench which I'm considering a kirivans swivel for to create a little family area on a budget. Photos would be greatly recieved of similar setups

I’ve done this to my Kombi, 1+1 front and 2+1 rear. I’ve got a pair of Sportskraft jobbies fitted to the captains seats and obviously a fixed 2+1 rear seat and there’s definitely enough room to pull up and spin the seats and face the kids, but probably not enough room to face adults.

I’ve got a Kombi bed and used it last night for the first time, span the front seats to give me a little room to get changed and then climbed up onto the bed and slept pretty well. The van is insulated, no heater required and it was warmer than my in-laws spare bedroom.

I’ll get some pictures tomorrow if nobody beats me to it.

I have swivelled the passenger seat but could not bring myself to do the same to the drivers seat because I can not find a swivel base that does not rock very slightly in the fixed driving position. The passenger seat works well with a kombi though.

Last edited:
Would love to find a swivel base that you can’t notice when you’re driving.

I've got the Sportscraft swivels, they are pretty sturdy. They don't rock, there are 4 rollers/runners that help to keep the whole assembly easy to swivel and then there are 4 locking points, hard to describe but hopefully the pictures will show what I mean. I'm a very heavy lump too, so if anybody was going to make them rock it would be me.

333y7fl.jpg
rtmgd4.jpg

Thanks. Just installed a Sportscraft and very pleased. Kiravans have acknowledged that I had a faulty base from them and have offered a refund.

I've got the Sportscraft swivels, they are pretty sturdy. They don't rock, there are 4 rollers/runners that help to keep the whole assembly easy to swivel and then there are 4 locking points, hard to describe but hopefully the pictures will show what I mean. I'm a very heavy lump too, so if anybody was going to make them rock it would be me.

View attachment 20544
View attachment 20545
I'm getting Sportscraft swivels fitted. Don't want to sound dumb, but does the drivers seat height adjustment still work with them?

Back