Front parking sensors don’t pick things up unless I put it in reverse

Davyman

Hi. I have an issue with my front parking sensors. They seem blind to things in front of the van. I stop the van and then as I put the van in reverse gear (DSG) the front sensors magically pick up on the target in front of the van! This happens when parking forwards towards a variety of targets. Any ideas on why these sensors are behaving weirdly? Thanks.

The PDC / rears / fronts aren't active all the time.

The system starts up on putting in reverse or by pressing the PDC button.

Ultrasonic sensors in the bumpers for parking.

Display should come on radio screen and PDC button light up ..... if you have a reverse cam that image will be displayed too.

Cheers. I noticed a few times that having done a 3 point turn ( a few seconds) just before pulling up behind a car my front sensors don’t pick up the car I’m pulling up behind. Only when I come to reverse back away from the stationary car in front does the graphic on display come up, light up like a Christmas tree and front beepers going off.

My BMW front PDC don’t come on unless I go in reverse or press the button to turn them on. Then again, the wife had a Polo once with factory fit PDC and they did come on by themselves when pulling up to say the garage door so why VW would change that who knows. I’ll see how it works when I get my van in few months

I think they do it that way so it stops the annoying beeps when in traffic or someone walks in front or behind the van.....

The if PDC was active all the time I'm sure you would be reaching for the OFF button.

Had auto sensors on the Touareg, worked fine.

I think they do it that way so it stops the annoying beeps when in traffic or someone walks in front or behind the van.....

The if PDC was active all the time I'm sure you would be reaching for the OFF button.
My T6.1 has auto front sensors, where my last T6 didn’t, handy but can beep randomly when in traffic

I tried my T6.1 today too, the front ones are automatic. You just have to drive somewhat close for them to activate.

Cool video, just have to find the right VCDS option. Or does it require a module upgrade.Like yourself i just want that option not the side-assist or rear traffic alert
You need a new module and a new loom/adapter to connect the new module to the existing wiring.

Back