Front nearside wheel not central to arch.

Thanks. I did mess around with the tracking adjuster to see what happened to the wheel. I then checked it with a spirit level across the arches to re set as best as possible. I can only imagine it to be the lower wishbone, as there is rubber between the wishbone and the sub frame. I cannot imagine that the suspension damage has caused the subframe brackets to move out of place, with rubber mounts in between any other parts. Hopefully when the new lower wishbone gets here this weekend, this will sort it out. I will take it in and get it tracked up properly, after I sort this out.

Geometry adjustestment won't affect the position of the like that unfortunately. Fingers crossed its just the wishbone if it's not been changed after the bump! :thumbsup:

Surely that’s. Good thing though? It may mean that the original wishbone is bent, and a new one will straighten the geometry back up!

Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:
I meant that it was a bugger not being able to tell if it was new or not to save buying another, English isn't my strong point :whistle:

Thanks for everyone's input. I bit the bullet and ordered a used 10,000 mile lower wishbone from a 2019 van. £25 Now fitted and re tracked the wheels using a string going all around the centre of the tyres and measuring within a mm. The wheel is now the same as the other side. When I took the old wishbone off, the bush had been oddly twisted in the mount and sitting off centre also slightly split. That must have been the problem.
Fixed for £25 and a couple of hours labour by me.

Great result.

I’ve just finished battling with underbody plastics and heat shields to fit some extra seat brackets to give a few more seating options.

Great result.

I’ve just finished battling with underbody plastics and heat shields to fit some extra seat brackets to give a few more seating options.
Everything to do with vehicles is an uphill battle. Glad I only have to do it occasionally. Would drive me scatty full time.

Back