Fog Lights

James Evans

Dear All,
I've only had my t6 a matter of months, but still struggling with lighting issues. I blew a fuse putting new lights in the rear. This is now sorted, however I noticed the other day that my fog lights weren't on. I've down loaded the fuse diagram but it looks completely different to mine, plus having removed all the damn fuses none are blown. My specific issue is. On auto all lights work as expected, except the front dogs on turning, these no longer work. When turning the switch from auto to any of the other options, none of the red illuminated icons change colour, nor do any of the fog lights turn on, the dip and side beams seem to work, but as they always appear on its hard to tell! I can't believe all the bulbs would go at once. Amy ideas greatfully received please.
Frog
Hopefully I've attached my fuse box as a picture in case that helps!

DA2BE323-2C4A-491A-9E78-3886C5239F1C.jpeg

What happens if you manually turn the front fogs on ? (Pull the light switch out one click)

Hey thanks for responding. Essentially nothing, the icons on the switch stay red, and neither front not rear fogs come on.
I also seem to think that even when the switch is in the off position but the engine running the front and rear lights are on!?!
Frog

Mabe the fuse fell out? Are any of the used holders (ones with a contact insert on both sides) empty?
It does sound like a supply fuse issue though.

Again thanks for responding. I'll try and have a look tomorrow, as well you know it's a bit of a pig to look at properly! So if one of the fuse slots is meant to be used, it would have contacts on both sides of the fuse slots? I guess I'll have to look. Is there no way of finding out what my fuse diagram might be?
Cheers
Frog

Yes i have been meaning to update the fuse chart listings for a while to include some more details which would cover more specifics like this, will have a check later and get the exact fuse for you

I had both lamps go on me twice at the same time with two different vehicles. First a pug 306 and then a 98 plate fiesta. It is possible. And never worth ruling out without checking. I agree with the rest and think it sounds like a fuse.

Problem solved.

Thanks all, it was a fuse. A while back when fiddling with the interior lights, they shorted. Not knowing which fuse had gone I simply went through them all till I found the culprit. In doing so, I must have put one of those 5a fuses in the wrong slot. An hour or so with my head in the footwell and I finally noticed there was a slot with terminals on both sides. Moving one of the 5a fuses to this slot, ant hey presto, success.
Thanks for your input.
James

Back