Front door cards

dubdub

T6 Pro
Hi all, I've read lots of posts about dash upgrades or re trimming but has anyone had their door cards done? or been brave enough to attempt anything themselves.

The standard cards are just soooo plasticy id like to do something with them but I've had quotes of around £1000 a pair to retrim in leather :eek: I was wondering if it might be possible to get them vinyl wrapped in something funky? i did use vinyl on my rear roof lining myself but thats a nice easy flat surface, a door card is a different beast all together.

WP_20170530_10_00_44_Pro.jpg

someone on the VW T5/T6 Forum facebook group has dyed his beige internal doors black and from the photo's looks quite smart. What it looks like up close and how it wears over time is another matter. I can seem to send the link. The person used " Wurth plastic dye"

picture

As for vinyl I would think it would be almost impossible to get a decent look as the surface is all bobbly so getting something to stick to that and not bubble would be almost impossible.

Yes they look nice dont know about price though? Applying a dye sounds risky to me and could end up looking terrible if you dont get it on even or it runs!? And yes i think vinyl would be very difficult to get right too, just too fiddly and not a great surface. Need to find a T6 Caravelle in a breakers yard :laugh:

You can often get Caravelle door cards from Poland on Ebay but they're pricey. I've used spray vinyl dye before and it's been indistinguishable from a factory finish and never wore off in the time I had the vehicles.

Full caravelle door cards with all the trims are pricey you won't see much change from a grand for new ones

Read the dash mod thread. Everything is on that.
I put black shuttle door cards in. £150 per side from vw. Caravelle leather cards are £300 per side.

You can often get Caravelle door cards from Poland on Ebay but they're pricey. I've used spray vinyl dye before and it's been indistinguishable from a factory finish and never wore off in the time I had the vehicles.

I've been watching the sliding door panels from Poland. There's a guy in Ireland that does them too but they look a little beat up for the money.

I think I might be out on my own here but other than the quality I kinda like the black and grey (beige?) combo of the door cards and dash panelling. Takes me back to my GMC van.

I’ve got to say, I don’t get the beige thing, mine are definitely grey. Must be some variation in colour across manufacturing.

Have a look at wicked coatings in Poole.
They have done some, and have cards on their galley page.

Great replies as usual on here :thumbsup: and i will defo be checking out the caravelle leather door card option before having mine custom done at £500 a side :eek:

Yes they look very nice, are they plastic or leather? i cant quite tell from the pic? Next question is...are the cards easy to swap over?

Back