StudleyGlass

150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle/Air-ride
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have finally got round to the job of getting my wing mirrors painted. Its a bit of a PITA to get it all arranged, and get them off and sent for paint but there all back on and working now. Reversed the colours on the mirror cases but i also had a set of gloss black bottom covers to put on if a fancy a change.

20170825_114424-COLLAGE.jpg

I have been working on the doors why i have had it all apart which has included soundproofing/speaker upgrade / Gen 6 door cards /lower dash etc.. Spent a lot of time on the doors as you can see but i think it was worth it as the sound/feel/cab environment has a very noticeable in improvement. I still have a few bit to finish off but the main work is done just some finishing touches

20170822_145952-COLLAGE.jpg
IMG-20170722-WA0002-COLLAGE.jpg

20170723_094915-COLLAGE.jpg

Thanks to @Pauly for supplying the vw parts and wiring.
Speaker upgrades supplied by @Absolut5 (so much better)

I have not done any work like this before so i am no expert, just took me time and researched and had a go , its not rocket science just takes time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice idea with the mirrors, was thinking of black mirrors but didn't want to lose the white, looks good.

Looks great, what speakers have you gone for and were they an easy swap?

Jason at @Absolut5 supplied me the speakers set, pretty easy to fit and wire, all you need supplied in the kit . Rainbow speakers . I added the speaker fast rings and the wave diffuser on the outer door skin + extra dynamat ext. Sound is amazing improvement.

'A' pillar looks mint mate.. which adhesive did you go with?.

Just a trim spay adhesive. spayed both sides and bang it stuck on contact! only problem there was no room for error. May try a different one next time ? :unsure:

I have been working away at the kombi over the past months when i have had the time still . so i though i would update/bore you with the work i have been doing .

Stripped the front of the cab out over xmas so i could dynamat the floor and run the cabling to upgrade the music .
20171228_160809.jpg
carpeted the seat bases and under dash panels
20171222_193928.jpg
20180108_153842.jpg
A-pillars adapted and covered to fit the audison voce tweeter and mid.
facebook_1525028872275.jpg 20180218_145344.jpg
Sub under passenger seat
facebook_1525028927768.jpg
Hertz amp, audison bit tune and power cap installed under drivers seat.
FB_IMG_1525804630201.jpg
Added a couple of courtesy lights to the rear seat cover panels
20180127_114904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been working away at the kombi over the past months when i have had the time still . so i though i would update/bore you with the work i have been doing .

Stripped the front of the cab out over xmas so i could dynamat the floor and run the cabling to upgrade the music .
View attachment 24051
View attachment 24052
View attachment 24052
View attachment 24054 View attachment 24058
View attachment 24057
Sub under passenger seat
View attachment 24055
View attachment 24056
View attachment 24057

View attachment 24053
That looks stunning! I am in love with that steering wheel. Who done that for you?

View attachment 24051
View attachment 24052
View attachment 24053
Sub under passenger seat
View attachment 24055
View attachment 24056
View attachment 24057
Top class work there Jase. Can’t believe how you can keep your van looking so mint. It’s like it just rolled out the showroom :inlove:

View attachment 24051
View attachment 24052
View attachment 24053
Sub under passenger seat
View attachment 24055
View attachment 24056
View attachment 24057
Can I ask how you wired the mids?

Back