Door Card Dismantling Plastic Weld

Wills

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’m planning to dismantle my HL door cards that are held together by plastic welds. I’m sure I read that @Timr had undertaken the task when retrimming his cards but can’t find the post.
Anyone had a go and has tips?

I’m planning to dismantle my HL door cards that are held together by plastic welds. I’m sure I read that @Timr had undertaken the task when retrimming his cards but can’t find the post.
Anyone had a go and has tips?
Hi, I removed all the welds with a dremmel and drill.
Then bonded them back together with tiger seal.
There were plenty of welds but my cards were the caravelle version so it mite not be as bad.
20190204_211409.jpg 20190206_210232.jpg 20190208_112050.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @Timr . I’ve seen the welds removed with a soldering iron, which was long winded and messy. I assume a dremmel to cut off the weld and the drill to tidy? I may try a multi tool with a narrow plunging blade.
I intend to cover mine in 4 way stretch grained vinyl. I’ll prime the vinyl before gluing to ensure it stays stuck!

Well that was a bit long winded but it’s dismantled and cleaned up. 4w grained vinyl, primer and adhesive ordered :):):)

C5FD56C1-84EC-4E9B-BD48-5422EC984F8F.jpeg

How did you finish off the trim edges around the speaker grill @Timr ? Fold the leather back / underneath 10mm and glue it?

How did you finish off the trim edges around the speaker grill @Timr ? Fold the leather back / underneath 10mm and glue it?
The caravelle cards split down In to more parts so they can be trimmed differently.
You could fold and glue it, I did under the speaker.

Back