Found Front Brake Pads T6.1 150PS MY2021

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm being told by 9 VW dealers so far that these are not available and are on back order from VW. The non genuine ones are the wrong pattern (confirmed having purchased a set, they are alot smaller physically)
Anyone got a set to sell ?
Or does anyone know another source?
4 dealers are saying that they have vans in their workshops that are un-drivable due to the supply issue.
Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: Bav
AFAIK there is no difference in the t6 and t6.1 brake caliper.

What was so different in the aftermarket brake pads?

T32 and larger engine sizes have larger front pads (T6)?

T32 and larger engine sizes have larger front pads (T6)?

I also suspect small brake pads were ordered instead of the correct version.

Danny, you say a lot smaller physically, that would suggest the ordered pads were for the small normal brake system and you have the large brake system?

Take a puc of your calipers post it here to confirm . I looked online and no probs to order small or large aftermarket pads online.

This only applies to the fronts.....Apparently, VW gave the brake pads (for a T6.1 199ps) a part number that related to another brake pad in their range (not even for a Transporter) The non-genuine companies copied them in great quantities and it was the wrong pattern, not just physically smaller. Hence, when you order non genuine front pads for said vehicle, they are wrong. I know the difference with caliper size etc.
So as it stands, i cant find any genuine front pads for a 2021 T6.1 199 T32 or T30 150.
VW did advise Glasgow has 72 sets but when i called, thats how many they have on back order as thats how any they need to satisfy just their customers who need them.
The van has been booked into Birmingham now for 6 weeks for a service, engine management light on, recalls plus another couple of items...they called yesterday to advise they still cant replace the brakes and did i want to postpone again. They have no idea when the brakes will arrive as the pads have been on order with their manufacture since August 11th.

Get what you are saying but AFAIK there is no difference between t6 and t6.1 calipers even though the vw pn might be different.

My Van is in for service at Glasgow VW.
They have suggested to replace front pads (now 4 mm left) however they have advised to do it at later date when pads will be available!!! T6 not T6.1.
I am also waiting for egr pipe and dpf matter sensor, on order but not delivered yet…

My Van is in for service at Glasgow VW.
They have suggested to replace front pads (now 4 mm left) however they have advised to do it at later date when pads will be available!!! T6 not T6.1.
I am also waiting for egr pipe and dpf matter sensor, on order but not delivered yet…
Interesting.....how are VW going to deal with this?
Birmingham have 4 vans in their yard that are not driveable. In all cases they took the pads off apparently not knowing they didnt have stock. I have told them not to go anywhere near my pads unless they are actually holding the correct replacements.
Sooooo....the search is on!!

I have a set of 150ps T6.1 (2021) Pads in the garage.

they are 100% the same as Brembo P85187 - they re not the pads in the above at ECP. The P85082 is only up to 10/2019 - not T6.1

If it were me, i'd buy https://www.autodoc.co.uk/textar/16613195
They are correct, and textar are decent enough pads.

2E3 brakes are 7LA698151(B or D suffix, D being the latest)
2E4 (T32) are 7LA698151(A/C or E suffix, E being the latest)

I have a set of 150ps T6.1 (2021) Pads in the garage.

they are 100% the same as Brembo P85187 - they re not the pads in the above at ECP. The P85082 is only up to 10/2019 - not T6.1

If it were me, i'd buy https://www.autodoc.co.uk/textar/16613195
They are correct, and textar are decent enough pads.

2E3 brakes are 7LA698151(B or D suffix, D being the latest)
2E4 (T32) are 7LA698151(A/C or E suffix, E being the latest)
Pic updated..

Back