Found ***URGENTLY NEEDED T6.1 FRONT BRAKE PADS

awillis668

T6 Pro
Hi Everyone! I am in need of a set of T6.1 Front brake pads 2020 (150PSI) 340mm Disc, Unbelievably i ordered a full set of Front and rear discs and pads from EBC with grooved discs and Greenstuff pads, everything arrives so i stripped down my old discs and pads under the silly assumption that the new ones will fit.....Well everything did apart from the front pads. After a call to EBC i find out that although on there website when ordering it says fits models 2015 until 2020 they don't fit T6.1 as the T6.1 have different front callipers and now I'm being told EBC don't even make front Pads for my model yet!!!! I then decided to just go with OEM front pads and i find out that there aren't any in the UK if you order from VW. So my van is sat on jacks in my drive with new rear discs and pads and front disc only, unable to be driven. I have even tried euro-parts who don't have my pads in stock in any Brand!!! Please can anyone recommend someone that may have a set available to purchase. Many Thanks as always

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I am in need of a set of T6.1 Front brake pads 2020 (150PSI) 340mm Disc, Unbelievably i ordered a full set of Front and rear discs and pads from EBC with grooved discs and Greenstuff pads, everything arrives so i striped down my old discs and pads under the silly assumption that the new ones will fit.....Well everything did apart from the front pads. After a call to EBC i find out that although on there website when ordering says fits models 2015 until 2020 they don't fit T6.1 as the T6.1 have different front callipers and now I'm being told EBC don't even made front Pads for my model yet!!!! I then decided to just go with OEM from pads and i find out that there aren't any in the UK if you order from VW. So my van is sat on jacks in my drive with new rear discs and pads and front disc only unable to be driven. I have even tried euro-arts who don't have my pads i stock in any Brand!!! Please can anyone recommend someone that may have a set available to purchase. Many Thanks as always
Is there any life left for a couple of weeks in your old T6.1 front pads to refit them?
Not ideal, but it may get you back on the road!!

@moomin-j Yeah there is plenty but understand that you should always fit new pads with new discs??? Will it do any long term damage to the discs if I ran my old pads short term??

@moomin-j Yeah there is plenty but understand that you should always fit new pads with new discs??? Will it do any long term damage to the discs if I ran my old pads short term??
Ideally yes, but in your situation - it’s needs must…
As long as you bed them in and don’t intentionally heavy brake for the 1st few hundred miles, all should be good and no long term damage will happen.
Unless you really need the Greenstuff pads, I’d leave the good, existing pads in, until they need to be replaced

Last edited:
Ideally yes, but in your situation - it’s needs must…
As long as you bed them in and don’t intentionally heavy brake for the 1st few hundred miles, all should be good and no long term damage will happen.
@moomin-j Great thanks for the advice, if I can’t find anyone selling a set or can recommend a supplier that has stock then I’ll have to. Appreciate taking the time to respond

Back